Honda Grom Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I couldn't resist.

Went to see the Red one at our Honda dealership (will post pics later). And even though the next shipment isn't due until February, I put a $500 non-refundable deposit down.

Got the T-shirt and stickers yesterday (thank you Grom Forum team!) and now I'm just gonna sit and wait patiently for my Grom to arrive...sigh.

Is it February yet?

Heard it snowed in southern Colorado yesterday (Seriously! How is that possible?) so maybe it's winter already? Haha, wishful thinking on my part...

Don't know what color I'm getting either...picked red as a first choice for more visibility but would be happy with the black one too. ;)

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ouch Feb :-/ I have had my deposit in since the beginning of June and I'm pacing the floor waiting for mine. Have you tried any other dealers?
I was put on the spot today (salesperson said I was the first he called and no one else knew the latest update on the new shipment date). So I pulled the trigger and did it. I didn't even work numbers but I'm guessing there won't be any wiggle room on price.

I thought of calling other dealers but wasn't given a chance today and I figured I'll give my business to my local dealer who will be servicing it. :D

·
Registered
197 Posts
Congratulations! I hope the wait isn't too painful. Maybe you'll get lucky and one will come up sooner.

Oh, and, nice avatar!

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
congrats. now time for the painful wait while you read about others getting theirs.

Reactions: FunSize

·
Registered
61 Posts
I got roped into my first bike when i went to a dealer just to LOOK, just wanted to sit on one..idk how the guy did it to this day but i came home with a brand new 2012 ninja 250R. had to sell it a month later due to unexpected life changes..so much regret .

·
Premium Member
703 Posts
I got roped into my first bike when i went to a dealer just to LOOK, just wanted to sit on one..idk how the guy did it to this day but i came home with a brand new 2012 ninja 250R. had to sell it a month later due to unexpected life changes..so much regret .
It's alright I think life sometimes just takes us for a run.

Are you looking to get a grom this year?

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Got my buyer's order today and was told that my Grom should arrive in October (and not February)! I'm stoked!

Anyone hear that they only made 1500 Groms for this year? That's what he heard but everything seems to be up in the air.

I'm just glad the next one that comes in will be mine =)

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ha, see I just had a feelin' you'd get one sooner. Congrats!
Thanks! October is when we start to see snow here...but I'll be so stoked to see her in my driveway every day...even in the snow :D

Hmm...maybe I need to get a cover for her.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Thanks! October is when we start to see snow here...but I'll be so stoked to see her in my driveway every day...even in the snow :D

Hmm...maybe I need to get a cover for her.
Pfff, better yet, bring it in the house so you can snuggle with it by the fire.

·
Administrator
365 Posts
There was definitely a very limited number allocated for North America in 2013. So not many dealers even knew what they were getting. Next year there will be more shipped over. The more the merrier!

Stew

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
There was definitely a very limited number allocated for North America in 2013. So not many dealers even knew what they were getting. Next year there will be more shipped over. The more the merrier!

Stew
Is it true that there are only 1500 Groms produced this year? That's what someone said at the Honda dealership....and he led me on to the idea that they may not make the Groms next year? That doesn't make any sense...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts