Honda Grom Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone noticed the turn signal differences, clear and yellow. which ones are we getting?
and will the odometer read km or miles for the us version?

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
mph for US version. Amber signals.

·
Premium Member
292 Posts
Euro version can be set kph or mph using the buttons on the speedo. Early pics of the machine for the UK had clear lenses but mine has solid yellow. UK/EUR/Thai machines have "projector" look headlight, Japan and US have regular headlights. Other than that, believe the machines (other than naming) are identical. UK and Japanese ones are, obviously, right hand drive though :)

Jeff

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Thanks for the info mighty moderator.

·
Registered
79 Posts
The U.S. models don't get projector headlamp which might be a good thing. Going through turns and leaning it can be a problem. Better off with the traditional setup ;)

·
Registered
50 Posts
Models sold in U.S. California meet current CARB standards and may differ slightly due to emissions equipment. Cannot upgrade muffler because of new California Law due to noise level. Muffler must have compliant sticker on them. But its all good because we get our Honda Grom first here at the West Coast before others.

·
Registered
128 Posts
All bikes with digital displays like the Grom has will allow you to switch between km and miles for the trip odometer and speedo. The odometer reading will be in the standard units for your country though.

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
Models sold in U.S. California meet current CARB standards and may differ slightly due to emissions equipment. Cannot upgrade muffler because of new California Law due to noise level. Muffler must have compliant sticker on them. But its all good because we get our Honda Grom first here at the West Coast before others.
Too many rules in Cali, I couldn't deal with it! I will gladly visit, but never stay haha:motorcycle4_smilie:

·
Registered
50 Posts
Too many rules in Cali, I couldn't deal with it! I will gladly visit, but never stay haha:motorcycle4_smilie:
I hate it too, but I'm going to slap an aftermarket pipe on it and call it a day!:ChopperEmo: What's next, smog check for motorcycles?:eek: California hurting for money!

·
Registered
128 Posts
But have you seen how quickly they can get past traffic due to lane splitting in California? That is what I would love to do with the narrow Grom with different mirrors. Plus year around riding in some areas. Taxes and cost of living. That's something else again.

·
Premium Member
719 Posts
How can I get a left hand drive grom?

Heh heh

1 - 20 of 29 Posts