Honda Grom Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Digital or Analog?

Anyone still wish the MSX125 aka Grom came with an analog cluster or are you happy Honda made the move to digital?

Honda Grom/MSX125 Digital Instrument Cluster

Honda Analog Instrument Cluster:

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
im a fan of analog.. maybe it's my age but digital in the sun is hard to see..
this is the biggest probelm with looking at a screen, the sun glares it like crazy. computer screen's, phones, and even digital clusters.
plus nothing beats seeing that needle jump like crazy from low RPM's to high RPM's and even redline depending how much you push it :D

·
Registered
120 Posts
We are in the digital world now time to move on to bigger and better things. The Honda Grom being new to the addition of Honda I doubt they would still use analog. Unless if they were releasing a retro line somewhere down the road that would make more sense.

·
Registered
233 Posts

I have seen these new clusters on the 2013 Honda CBR600RR and man they are sweet. For such a small screen it packs a lot of data that can be shown compared to an analog. I do however like the analog and got use to looking at the needle but this new age technology is much more interesting.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Believe it or not the LCD screen cluster is better than the analog when it come to the sun issue. The plastic in front of the analog actually reflects the sun so you still won't be able to clearly make out your speed. The LCD cluster actually dims so you are able to still see the revolutions and speed.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Personally I think Analog just looks better. There is something dinky looking about a digital display to me. It actually cheapens to look of the Grom IMO.

·
Premium Member
703 Posts
Personally I think Analog just looks better. There is something dinky looking about a digital display to me. It actually cheapens to look of the Grom IMO.
Cheap? You should consider the cost of a digital display compared to an analog. But I'm not one to argue. To each his own.

·
Registered
255 Posts
For an odd reason I think if the Honda Grom was to sport a analog tachometer it would remind me too much of a dirt bike. Kind of like my CRF250R ;)

·
Registered
122 Posts
Cheap? You should consider the cost of a digital display compared to an analog. But I'm not one to argue. To each his own.
Well it depends right? The cost of a fine rolex analog watch costs much more than a cheap toy with an lcd screen that you can buy from walmart.

When I look at the Grom dash, it doesn't really scream high quality to me.

·
Registered
43 Posts
In this day and age I think a digital cluster makes it look more expensive since it's seen as being high tech, where an analog cluster isn't as much.
Another plus to go digital is that digital clusters have a much less chance of failing or having issues like analog clusters would over time.

·
Registered
132 Posts
In this day and age I think a digital cluster makes it look more expensive since it's seen as being high tech, where an analog cluster isn't as much.
Another plus to go digital is that digital clusters have a much less chance of failing or having issues like analog clusters would over time.
Digital cluster would be a lot easier to fix since it's not using mechanical moving parts. Some would consider analog a classic retro design, which is all the rage these days.

Digital vs cluster is a matter of preference. There is no better IMO.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Digital cluster would be a lot easier to fix since it's not using mechanical moving parts. Some would consider analog a classic retro design, which is all the rage these days.

Digital vs cluster is a matter of preference. There is no better IMO.
only in 30 years from now analog clusters in general will be considered retro. the only retro analog clusters are one's with old retro's styling as you can have a really modern looking analog gauge. just look at how custom bikes and cars are built.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts