Honda Grom Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know if there are plans or someone that could make a skid plate for the Grom to protect from rocks and excessive dirt and grime being thrown up from the front tire? Seems the engine is sort of just hanging out there with no protection. When I get a Grom I'll definitely be interested in looking into something like this.

For example, I think this is for a bonneville but I like the style with the holes and I'd definitely want one in black.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think that's a good idea and you could fabricate your own, your style! Just think it out good before you make it permanent;keep it light however and yes drill some holes in it for that reason.
Swankster

I think one would look pretty good to as well as be functional. The only thing I'd be worried about is it covering up some access to certain parts of the engine. I don't know much about the engine yet so maybe someone could chime in on that but I'd hate to put one on and then not be able to access something like changing the oil or something like that.

·
Registered
233 Posts
I think one would look pretty good to as well as be functional. The only thing I'd be worried about is it covering up some access to certain parts of the engine. I don't know much about the engine yet so maybe someone could chime in on that but I'd hate to put one on and then not be able to access something like changing the oil or something like that.
From the way it looks mounted it doesn't look like it interferes with anything maybe the drain bolt possibly. But taking it off once or twice a year shouldn't hurt.

·
Registered
30 Posts
From the way it looks mounted it doesn't look like it interferes with anything maybe the drain bolt possibly. But taking it off once or twice a year shouldn't hurt.
I fabbed one once where i had the front top portion mounted via a pin through a hinge and then the back lower portion done the same way so it took only seconds to remove it; oh yeah...:)
Swankster

·
Premium Member
703 Posts
I fabbed one once where i had the front top portion mounted via a pin through a hinge and then the back lower portion done the same way so it took only seconds to remove it; oh yeah...:)
Swankster
nice do you have any pictures of the one that you fabbed up?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.