Honda Grom Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
995 Posts
good question, these will be needed as people in the northern states get into the colder temperatures with summer coming to an end.

There was this statement on the website

Internal Sensor monitors battery power level and will automatically shut off the grips if battery power is too low.
Even without knowing if the grom has enough amps to power it, i'd just get it and see if it works as-is, the worst that can happen is the grips shutting off.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just found out that the company, AME, is in my town. So, I will pay them a visit next week.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Its already getting colder at night. I wouldn't mind a set but we just need confirmation before going ahead with this. I usually just hack it out with winter gloves but toasty grips would be a huge bonus.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
I just found out that the company, AME, is in my town. So, I will pay them a visit next week.
let us know how it goes,. its starting to get cold here.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Its already getting colder at night. I wouldn't mind a set but we just need confirmation before going ahead with this. I usually just hack it out with winter gloves but toasty grips would be a huge bonus.
winter glove is probably the better worry-free way to keep your hands warm, and cheaper too.

·
Registered
237 Posts
The Grom doesn't have enough capacity to charge the battery while running the heated grips.Save them for the Gold Wang.

·
Premium Member
1,004 Posts
i'll just use my firstgear gloves and liner...

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Having insulated gloves makes a big difference but heated grips would be nice.

·
Registered
213 Posts
One of the reasons Ill be switching to a Shorai lithium battery is for the increased amp hour rating to run things like these or LED lighting :D

·
Registered
149 Posts
Along the same lines of having enough amperage, how many of y'all think a Grom could support a Stebel Nautilus horn? Every bike I've ever had, I've installed a Nautilus on. Hell, even my '99 Jimmy has one.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Along the same lines of having enough amperage, how many of y'all think a Grom could support a Stebel Nautilus horn? Every bike I've ever had, I've installed a Nautilus on. Hell, even my '99 Jimmy has one.
Did you know they discontinued production on them? Ive heard someone makes a replacement now but I havent tracked it down yet.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Did you know they discontinued production on them? Ive heard someone makes a replacement now but I havent tracked it down yet.
I thought they brought them back though... I know for a minute Stebel was bankrupt, but then they were back.

·
Registered
1 Posts
How does a higher amperage battery increase anything other then startup? The stock charging system won't increase its output just due to a higher amperage battery.

IMO it will still drain the battery while running if high amperage accessories are added (probably ANY electrical accessories on a Grom).

One of the reasons Ill be switching to a Shorai lithium battery is for the increased amp hour rating to run things like these or LED lighting :D

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just an update - it does. It's an excellent improvement. The installation was a bit tight, though. :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts