Honda Grom Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
997 Posts
good question, these will be needed as people in the northern states get into the colder temperatures with summer coming to an end.

There was this statement on the website

Internal Sensor monitors battery power level and will automatically shut off the grips if battery power is too low.
Even without knowing if the grom has enough amps to power it, i'd just get it and see if it works as-is, the worst that can happen is the grips shutting off.

· Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just found out that the company, AME, is in my town. So, I will pay them a visit next week.

· Premium Member
1,004 Posts
i'll just use my firstgear gloves and liner...

· Registered
149 Posts
Along the same lines of having enough amperage, how many of y'all think a Grom could support a Stebel Nautilus horn? Every bike I've ever had, I've installed a Nautilus on. Hell, even my '99 Jimmy has one.

· Registered
1 Posts
How does a higher amperage battery increase anything other then startup? The stock charging system won't increase its output just due to a higher amperage battery.

IMO it will still drain the battery while running if high amperage accessories are added (probably ANY electrical accessories on a Grom).

One of the reasons Ill be switching to a Shorai lithium battery is for the increased amp hour rating to run things like these or LED lighting :D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.