Honda Grom Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Premium Member
1,004 Posts
lucky for honda civics and vw golfs, the only drag races a grom is going to win is against flat-footed semi trucks

actual conversation about the grom:
random-"What's the 0-60 on that?"
me-"Maybe"

· Registered
997 Posts
lucky for honda civics and vw golfs, the only drag races a grom is going to win is against flat-footed semi trucks

actual conversation about the grom:
random-"What's the 0-60 on that?"
me-"Maybe"
haha yeah bit if it's long distance then that semi will leave you in the dust. 1/4 mile, you'll eat his food.

I want to see what the 0-60 and 1/4 mile will be like on a grom with a 200-220cc bore kit, turbo and even a little spray.

· Registered
254 Posts
Just for those who are too lazy to read the hundreds of comments on the internet about that video... the Chevy was packing a Procharged 572 crate motor. I've heard from semi-reliable sources he was about 1200HP at the time. Even more now... SCARY!

For me the comments on that video are hilarious. The number of litre bike fanboys talking about how easily an R1 would have smoked the car are quite amusing. In reality, that car runs VERY low 8s in the 1/4. He could give a couple second head start to an R1 and he would still win.

Our Groms? I've won tons of races. I even beat a CBR600RR and a Corvette, though I'm not sure either of them were actually racing... yeah, probably not. :-(

· Registered
336 Posts
I hate motorcycle fanboys. Well, any fanboys for that matter. I could make a Geo Metro beat a Hayabusa if I had enough money and/or skill.

That Bel Air was serious. And not only was it fast, it's a freaking Bel Air. They're cooler from the get-go than a literbike anyways, IMO. No reason to hate.

· Registered
134 Posts
meh, straight line speed freaks

lets see that bel air up on a canyon road. prolly fishtail around every turn cuz he cant use the hp.

nice hookup, he has more $ under the hood in that car then all my bikes added up

· Registered
997 Posts

lets see that bel air up on a canyon road. prolly fishtail around every turn cuz he cant use the hp.

nice hookup, he has more $ under the hood in that car then all my bikes added up
both the grom and that chevy have their separate natural habitat, while the Grom is great for canyon roads, the Chevy is right at home at a drag strip

· Registered
336 Posts

Until you know what that totally un-usable power feels like, you'll never understand. Just like you'll never know what it feels like to rail a corner pulling over a G, until you do it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.