201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
brake checking in Russia, i giggled at the insanity but a rather scary video

click through to 55 seconds in, it wont let me embed the video at that point
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=229Q609E878[/ame]

·
Registered
60 Posts
I would of done the same thing if i was in the car. (that is if i didnt do something to derserve it like cut him off before this)

·
Registered
29 Posts
What a moron. I love watching those Russian dash cam vid compilations though. One place I would NEVER drive? Russia.

·
Premium Member
703 Posts
The problem is that on the bike he modified it to be individual LEDs for the brake lights and in the day time you can barely make it out. If it was the brake light housing with the LEDs it would have been a different story. This sucks. I hope he is alright.

Looks like the driver is pissed rather than concerned.

·
Registered
77 Posts
why in the world would you try to cut in front of a car with a bike?!

Just stupid I hope the rider is alright but he is the one at fault. He should be lucky he lived it to tell it. Or...

·
Registered
108 Posts
The problem is that on the bike he modified it to be individual LEDs for the brake lights and in the day time you can barely make it out. If it was the brake light housing with the LEDs it would have been a different story. This sucks. I hope he is alright.

Looks like the driver is pissed rather than concerned.
I think the problem was the motorcyclist was being an idiot, not that he had the wrong type of brake lights.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Only in Russia...

They all have dash cams for a reason but they just have too much accidents. I would hate to drive over there let alone ride a bike.

Does anybody the whole story of what happened?

·
Registered
234 Posts
It always amazes me how I read stories in other bike forums where people have bad 'close calls' and several will posts that "...and I gave them the middle finger and yadda yadda yadda..."

Here's the thing, if I'm on a bike and a car cuts me off, by accident or even on purpose just being a douche, I'm getting away from that vehicle ASAP, by either slowing down or even coming to a stop or if I have the power at hand then pulling ahead. Nothing would incline me to hang around moving at speed or stopped at the next light to antagonize that person, because you just never know these days who you're dealing with. You might have scared the person to death or maybe you're dealing with some suicidal maniac that has nothing better to do before they take themselves out than run you into a ditch or off a bridge. I would never have the mind to intensify the situation, yeah maybe a mile or so down the road I'd be cursing out loud under my helmet but calm down and move on and ride (live) to see another day and my family when I return home. This may be harder for some young buck to grasp riding their brand new 600cc sport bike and all hopped up with adrenaline and negative energy but I would think of my safety and the safety of others around me at all times.

Same goes if I'm riding in the car with my family. If that guy would have come up and did the same to me, yeah I'd be pissed and grumble under my breath but I'm not going to hold my speed when he's that close or even speed up to intimidate someone even more causing an accident that could harm someone or myself and family, I'd back down and my wife would probably be yelling at me and slapping my arm if I didn't, lol.

There are too many jerks on the road today that think everyone around them just have to deal with their stupidity, I'm not chancing a road rage incident, if they want to ride like fools, karma will catch up to them eventually or maybe they wise up before having a life changing crash.

I know I said before he had it coming, but I mean no ill will on anyone. Hope they recovered okay and realize this isn't the thing to do EVER!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Here's the thing, if I'm on a bike and a car cuts me off, by accident or even on purpose just being a douche, I'm getting away from that vehicle ASAP, by either slowing down or even coming to a stop or if I have the power at hand then pulling ahead. Nothing would incline me to hang around moving at speed or stopped at the next light to antagonize that person, because you just never know these days who you're dealing with.

Agreed. I care more about self preservation than road respect.

I think things like this are why Russians use dash cams. Everyone's trying to insurance fraud each other.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
It always amazes me how I read stories in other bike forums where people have bad 'close calls' and several will posts that "...and I gave them the middle finger and yadda yadda yadda..."

Here's the thing, if I'm on a bike and a car cuts me off, by accident or even on purpose just being a douche, I'm getting away from that vehicle ASAP, by either slowing down or even coming to a stop or if I have the power at hand then pulling ahead. Nothing would incline me to hang around moving at speed or stopped at the next light to antagonize that person, because you just never know these days who you're dealing with. You might have scared the person to death or maybe you're dealing with some suicidal maniac that has nothing better to do before they take themselves out than run you into a ditch or off a bridge. I would never have the mind to intensify the situation, yeah maybe a mile or so down the road I'd be cursing out loud under my helmet but calm down and move on and ride (live) to see another day and my family when I return home. This may be harder for some young buck to grasp riding their brand new 600cc sport bike and all hopped up with adrenaline and negative energy but I would think of my safety and the safety of others around me at all times.

Same goes if I'm riding in the car with my family. If that guy would have come up and did the same to me, yeah I'd be pissed and grumble under my breath but I'm not going to hold my speed when he's that close or even speed up to intimidate someone even more causing an accident that could harm someone or myself and family, I'd back down and my wife would probably be yelling at me and slapping my arm if I didn't, lol.

There are too many jerks on the road today that think everyone around them just have to deal with their stupidity, I'm not chancing a road rage incident, if they want to ride like fools, karma will catch up to them eventually or maybe they wise up before having a life changing crash.

I know I said before he had it coming, but I mean no ill will on anyone. Hope they recovered okay and realize this isn't the thing to do EVER!
I don't hang around either. I also stay as far away as I can.

I might speed up beside the person and give a momentary "what are you doing?" gesture" and just ride away.

I don't think giving them a finger is a good idea.

And brake checking a car is never ever a good idea.
Russia or not.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts