Honda Grom Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
That sounds both terrifying and incredible. With the Grom being so small I feel like you would be just holding on for dear life as it flew down the road. Anybody have an idea of what that 78 mph is in kilometers? Somewhere around 170 kmh I am thinking.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I'm glad someone brought this up, I've been thinking about it the last couple times ive been on the freeway, you always see the token motorcyclist pulling a quick slingshot. I figure the Grom has to be better at drafting/slingshots just becasue of its smaller size, you fit perfectly in the slipstream even f most family sedans.

If your ballsy pull it on a big rig and see what kind of number you can get...

P.S how stable was the Grom at 78? you had to have some wobbles going on..

·
Registered
134 Posts
Wow, ONLY 58MPH, where have you taken it?
I hear people getting up to the mid 60's quite easily. Better try to start drafting and max out your grom :D

review the top speed threads

there are other ppl who are strugglign to get the bike to 55mph, pinned in 4th for a few minutes, and very lucky to hit 58mph

this is like the normal for me, pinnned for minutes on end usually gets me 58mph top speed,

pinnned and going down a hill ive seen 62mph.....

but sitting straight up pinned for minutes on end on a stock bike = 55-58mph and that is about it for my stock grom

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.