Honda Grom Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I want to investigate a driving light solution that is independant of the headlight.
I remember seeing one bike on here with driving lights but I would like to find suitable products and post them here...

Im thinking high power LED's with a triger switch on the left hand (so they can double as pass lights or stay on permanently for high beam assist/spots)

Often in bangkok late at night Im on quiet, dark and tight back streets where I feel lights with a wider throw would be great to pick out the sleeping dogs on the road, potholes and crumbling, unmarket speedhumps.

My idea is to have 2 driving lights angles so that their beams overlap slightly (to assist the highbeam) and spread wider than the standard light.

Cheers,
Steve

·
Registered
108 Posts
I've seen some set-ups with light bars added to the sides or on top of the headlight. It looks pretty cool and would get the effect you desire. Have you looked into these?

·
Registered
248 Posts
Floppy has these LEDs but verges way too far. Love my projector. Disc abt bulbs and outputs driving me nuts! I will just keep this! So totally exciting with my MSX n mods. Won't be riding again for like 4-5 months here.

·
Premium Member
524 Posts
My light bar setup runs pretty wide, it's a million times better than stock for diving into blind turns at night when we go out parking lot racing. The double light bar for sure gives me more confidence going into them as I can see much more of the turns now with how wide it lights up.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
995 Posts
It would be cool if we had access to some sort of active headlight that kept lighting centered even when turning, while we turn/lean left it would still keep the beam centered.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Don't you want the bike to light up where you are going though? I'm not sure that this would pan out the way that you are thinking.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts