Honda Grom Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have an acquaintance that is a 3d design and cnc shop. He wants to try making some parts for the grom and is borrowing mine to measure and test-fit :) i'm pretty excited since maybe we will have some other shiny parts available soon

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
what kinda parts we talking about ? :D

·
Premium Member
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
what kinda parts we talking about ? :D
definitely going after race rearsets (without passenger pegs but with adjustability) and clipons/top triple. maybe sliders, maybe fork tricks (spacers, emulators, i don't know). basically however motivated he gets with it over the next couple weeks. the guy's son races xr100s with me, so he's no stranger to the mini/race scene

·
Premium Member
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
How about some grom specific hubs we can lace up?
i'll ask, but not sure what the point would be? to me spokes=bad
though i guess if he made hubs before for something, it may be a possibility for you dirt riders

·
Registered
995 Posts
i have an acquaintance that is a 3d design and cnc shop. He wants to try making some parts for the grom and is borrowing mine to measure and test-fit :) i'm pretty excited since maybe we will have some other shiny parts available soon
Sweet! What other prototypes can we expect to see from him?

·
Premium Member
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sweet! What other prototypes can we expect to see from him?
well that thing isn't actually a bike part as far as i can tell.
i'll talk to him tomorrow when i drop the bike and see what's on the menu :)

·
Registered
201 Posts
glad to hear the Grom as a race bike movement is progressing well. @mad8 what sort of regs do these Grom spec series have?

·
Premium Member
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
None yet, but rearsets will definitely be allowed. If its like nsr and xr spec it will be stock engine and exhaust and stock suspension outers (springs and emulators allowed).

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
the word is the following:
triples (with rake angle options potentially)
clipons
rearsets
preload adjustable fork caps
emulators and if he can get them to work/fit
crash protection maybe (case sliders?)
for hubs he would need enough interest to justify the design time

·
Registered
43 Posts
Really excited to see what he comes up with. Be sure to post pictures of the parts once they are complete both on and off the Grom. If people like the parts enough do you think he would be up for selling some to his fellow Grom Forum members?

·
Premium Member
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
If people like the parts enough do you think he would be up for selling some to his fellow Grom Forum members?

i think that was the general idea (i doubt he would spend the time and materials just to screw around). it will probably be a while before we actually see anything (including my grom back) though :(

·
Premium Member
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Damn nice to have some one cut those out for you! ;)
well, i am lending him a bike to prototype against and he will probably be selling them so it's not like it's free ;)

·
Premium Member
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
update from the shop

triples and preloaders are designed and being fabbed this week. Clipons are next week

so very soon we will have adjustable? and definitely cool triples for non-handlebar applications

·
Premium Member
524 Posts
update from the shop

triples and preloaders are designed and being fabbed this week. Clipons are next week

so very soon we will have adjustable? and definitely cool triples for non-handlebar applications
Wonder who's gonna have them first as I got a place in the works if triples as well.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

·
Premium Member
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
"we will be getting the anodized parts back early next week"
and
"we are having heavy duty wound springs made"