Honda Grom Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Another member showed me this simple plug and play chip to fool the engine into providing more gas to the engine.

Anyone have any experience with this part? or know of how its worked for them?

thanks
Gromlin

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Dyno-Boost-Adjustable-Controller-Performance-Honda/dp/B00DKVAT48/?tag=vglnkc3508-20]Dyno-Boost Adjustable Fuel Controller Performance Chip Honda Grom 125 - Authentic Magnum : Amazon.com : Automotive[/ame]

·
Registered
213 Posts
Same thing as a $3 resistor. Junk IMO..... wait until the engine has been properly analyzed and tuned by a company like DynoJet, I know they are in the process of making a Power Commander 5 for the bike.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Same thing as a $3 resistor. Junk IMO..... wait until the engine has been properly analyzed and tuned by a company like DynoJet, I know they are in the process of making a Power Commander 5 for the bike.
i'll give you $5 to make something out of a $3 resistor that will work :D

·
Registered
213 Posts
Thats how these work, you just put a resistor inline of the IAT sensor to fool the computer. You can pick one up for 50 cents at Radio Shack and wire it in yourself. One of the oldest "tricks" in FI.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Thats how these work, you just put a resistor inline of the IAT sensor to fool the computer. You can pick one up for 50 cents at Radio Shack and wire it in yourself. One of the oldest "tricks" in FI.
honestly, this Grom is the 1st FI bike i've owned. i'm pretty mechanically inclined but i know nothing about FI :(

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Same here Daddysmut

I've owned over 64 bikes in the last 10 years and all are carbs. This is my first EFI bike too.

honestly, this Grom is the 1st FI bike i've owned. i'm pretty mechanically inclined but i know nothing about FI :(

Reactions: daddysmut

·
Registered
108 Posts
I was going to ask "Would this resister then cause you to be poor gas mileage?", but then I realized this is what I did to my Trans Am. You put a resistor inline that tricks the motor into thinking that the air temperature is cooler, so it can give more fuel. I think the Resister I put in my car made it think it was 53 degrees. It didn't kill my mileage on my car.

·
Registered
124 Posts
The system isn't much different than what they've been using on cars and trucks for many years. Just downsized and maybe simplified a bit, so there is a lot of knowledge out there about how these systems work. I'm not claiming to know that much about them, but mods will be coming along soon from many sources. Hang in there.

·
Registered
998 Posts
I've owned all kinds of car/truck/motorcycles that had carbs and such and when I got my Hayabusa with FI and then my 2008 Tundra 4x4 with FI I will not go back to carbs.

Your first trip to the high elevations and you will thank the FI ECU system. No more changing out the low/high speed jets and re-sync of carbs etc.

All you do for maintenance is have the FI check/cleaned and calibrated and you are good to go.

I always see these Harley riders go into a HD show room or to these motorcycle events/show and always talk about I want a motorcycle with carbs and the reason why is that they don't know or have not educated themselves on the FI system. Yes more expensive to fix if things go wrong and you better be computer literate.

All in All I love the FI system.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
+1

can't wait for the first tuning solution for the GROM.

·
Registered
213 Posts
^^^ A Vegas member lent his bike to DynoJet (who makes power commander) 2 weeks ago and they took molds of the plugs, etc etc - they are working on it! Will be interesting to see what they come up with.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm in for a new chip. the one I posed looks like a bust. Not one good review.

·
Registered
56 Posts
^^^ A Vegas member lent his bike to DynoJet (who makes power commander) 2 weeks ago and they took molds of the plugs, etc etc - they are working on it! Will be interesting to see what they come up with.
So I just got off the phone with my guy at Dynojet and he said there still plugging away at getting this thing figured out but for now there leaning more with a DFC until they can figure out a way to get the Power Commander to work.
But he will call me as soon as they get any info

·
Registered
213 Posts
So I just got off the phone with my guy at Dynojet and he said there still plugging away at getting this thing figured out but for now there leaning more with a DFC until they can figure out a way to get the Power Commander to work.
But he will call me as soon as they get any info
Probably would be cheaper for the user anway, PC5s are creeping up to the $400 retail mark!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts