Honda Grom Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So many of you have been waiting and waiting.

DJ Finally released the PCV today for the Honda Grom.

This PCV has some nice Bells and Whistles.

1) Control FUEL
2) Control the IGNITION.
3) Raise Rev. Limit
4) Add optional Autotune
5) Add optional Quick Shifter
6) Add optional LCD Display

Click here for more details >> Grom Catalog <<

Optional Modules that you can add onto a PCV...

Reactions: slevin

·
Premium Member
941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

First Batch of PCV's showed up today. Very very very small batch. ;-(

BUT...... Happy for a few lucky customers.

More coming soon.

Kinda cool, it's a direct plug into the ECU. Probably take 2 min. to install. ;-)

Reactions: Gromlin

·
Premium Member
941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Just got done with our Installation, writeup and review

__________ >> Power Commander V <<

·
Registered
288 Posts
What does it mean that it does not adjust closed loop? When is the Grom in closed loop?

Oh thank you hard racing for all the install videos, you have more than earned my business just with that.

Are there any exhaust that have the exhaust bung for the auto tune, or would you be willing to sell the service?

·
Premium Member
941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
What does it mean that it does not adjust closed loop? When is the Grom in closed loop? Everywhere from 0% TPS to 60% TPS... it's in closed loop. Only from 80-100% TPS is open loop.

That's where the Dyno Jet WBC2 comes into play.
That will work with your Stock ECU to run the bike in 13.5 A/F in closed loop without the ECU Trying to fight it.
Very slick device.

Oh thank you hard racing for all the install videos, you have more than earned my business just with that. . ;-)

Are there any exhaust that have the exhaust bung for the auto tune, or would you be willing to sell the service?Not that we have seen.

For Yosh. or FMF, or Two Bros. we can get an o2 welded on for you.
We have a weld shop around the corner.
Just shoot us a PM or email when you are ready to get one.

·
Registered
998 Posts
What does it mean that it does not adjust closed loop? When is the Grom in closed loop? Everywhere from 0% TPS to 60% TPS... it's in closed loop. Only from 80-100% TPS is open loop.

That's where the Dyno Jet WBC2 comes into play.
That will work with your Stock ECU to run the bike in 13.5 A/F in closed loop without the ECU Trying to fight it.
Very slick device.

Oh thank you hard racing for all the install videos, you have more than earned my business just with that. . ;-)

Are there any exhaust that have the exhaust bung for the auto tune, or would you be willing to sell the service?Not that we have seen.

For Yosh. or FMF, or Two Bros. we can get an o2 welded on for you.
We have a weld shop around the corner.
Just shoot us a PM or email when you are ready to get one.

I wonder how far from the exhaust Grom head should the bung be welded, most say 9-12" from the exhaust port but I've seen some bung welded as far back as near the connection to the muffler. I thought the O2 sensor works off the heat/gases that come from the engine and I assume you want the sensor to heat up and work as quick as possible and where it will have the most concentration of hot gases exiting the exhaust port.:confused:

·
Premium Member
941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I wonder how far from the exhaust Grom head should the bung be welded, most say 9-12" from the exhaust port but I've seen some bung welded as far back as near the connection to the muffler. I thought the O2 sensor works off the heat/gases that come from the engine and I assume you want the sensor to heat up and work as quick as possible and where it will have the most concentration of hot gases exiting the exhaust port.:confused:

Correct.

You want it close........... But not too close.

You can actually have it too close.

But at the end of the day, as long as you have it somewhere under the motor, you should get good results.
And of course, remember to have it tilted UP at least 15^ from horizontal... to keep any condensation out of the sensor.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts