Honda Grom Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend of mine does account work for Dyno Tech in Las Vegas, at the Speedway. She invited me to bring they Grom in. One of the guys likes small bikes and wanted to check it out. The threw it up on the Dyno and this is what happened. He asked me to bring it back with the stock exhaust, so he could get a baseline. The Tyga didn't do anything. It's still 9hp. I haven't done anything to the airbox yet. I doubt it would change much. Everybody liked the bike. Here are some pictures. I did get it to 61 on the way home, in a tuck. :D

He could have used some lube. :eek:

Reactions: GodSon

·
Registered
134 Posts
Cool. I wonder if changing the entire pipe and losing the CAT if there would be any gain?

·
Registered
19 Posts
This doesn't surprise me at all... My experience with honda 450cc atv's and bikes all made more power with jetting and air box mods then just a can.... Needed a head pipe to really make any power.

·
Registered
15 Posts
that sucks but the exhaust looks so much better than stock I think it's worth getting.

Roy

·
Registered
254 Posts
I'm betting the restriction is still the factory header. I was playing around this evening with the airbox. If you want some tips on something that will give you more power then let me know. I have a free airbox mod that takes about 10 minutes and gave me 2mph top speed and a noticeable increase in torque (which is probably only 1/4lb ft on the dyno).

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm betting the restriction is still the factory header. I was playing around this evening with the airbox. If you want some tips on something that will give you more power then let me know. I have a free airbox mod that takes about 10 minutes and gave me 2mph top speed and a noticeable increase in torque (which is probably only 1/4lb ft on the dyno).
Please. Do tell. I was just going to put a couple of UNI air filter buttons in the airbox.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Ever since I saw the first peek of the Grom I was hoping for at least 15-18 bhp to be reported. I love the bike as it is, but disappointed in it's stock out-put.
I am a uni-cam lover and think it should have a similar 4V system. The 150 R is putting out almost three times the hp.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
awesome. now lets try to find cheap ways to draw that extra hp out :D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts