Honda Grom Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
do not buy any items from this individual - every item he ships is damaged / he is not located in the US as his ad states. The only way to get anything resolved is to mail the items back out of your pocket to Thailand. By the time you facter everthing together you will spend a hefty amount to learn not to order from this seller.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I bought a "carbon fiber" gas tank cover - this is a conterfeit part that he is selling. It is not carbon at all and it came with bubbles in it and razor blade marks on the side of it. I bought a tail cover / it came with scratches on the back and chip out of the paint. The windsheild / screen is badly painted and the bottom fairing has nicks and scratches on it (they will be hard to see when mounted but still there).

He also lies about being located in the US he is in Thailand.... to get a refund I have to ship items back to him on my Dime....... by the time I pay the shipping costs I will have more into the product than what I can have them fixed here for. He is horrible to deal with - Paypal and Ebay want me to ship items back to him.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hi Guys,
I see a lot of bad press about parts being shipped and sent from Thailand because of comunications issues and non trusted sellers.

I live and work in thailand, Im in the automotive industry and have been since I started my career as a pattern and tool maker some 17 years ago. NowI do contract project management on vehicle launches and production implementations.

I'd be happy to hunt around for parts and organise shipping etc for those that need it. My gf and I have been thinking about starting an online business for some time now so maybe this is a good place to start?

The after market parts market is massive here... every other corner has a shop selling everything from custom valve caps to studded leather jackets and replica race helments.... then on the technical side - brand name engine kits, exhaust systems, lights, seats, body kits.. you name it... with the huge variety also comes a wide range of quality (Ive seen full face helmets for $12 and handle bars for $1.50... would I trust my life with build/materials that cheap? Hell no.)

so yeah... if anyone sees something they want and would like to explore it further drop me a message and I will get onto it. I will be open about the pricing... I earn well enough in my day job so pricing would be to cover cost of the part, shipping and maybe a %age for the effort put in.

Cheers,
Steve

I'm tired of seeing grommers get burned by tools like KKS. No good! :(

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
What really sucks is he has the cool products we want others won't ship/stock
Ya ya stfu about some being fake

Contact MopedMotion.com they are in GA and sell authentic parts. I will never stop talking about how crappy the items KingKongSoap Sells. He is a liar. The biggest issue I have with him is he is selling and collecting money on items he does not even currently posses.

Here is a direct quote from him out of my ebay message -
Dear 1deon,

You don't worry.
I wait Factory ship to me.
When come I ship to you sure.
Thank you very much.

- kingkongsoap

REALLY!!!! he sells items he does not have then places the order to get them... guess what happens when he cant in time - you get burned or he sends you an item that is not what he states it to be. This guy is scum.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Gromination-
You wrote too much, your names not kong soap......irrelevant.

I've been burned by Ebay too, I know how Thailand works, I know how auto industry works re materials, pricing and quality. Im happy to help forum members find parts that are otherwise not available.
That's all I was attempting to convey.

Cheers,
Steve

·
Registered
282 Posts
KKS is one of the only ebay guys with the cool looking parts but looks like upon close inspection, they are not so great after all. Sorry for your troubles DD. And props to Steve for tryin to help a brother out!!

·
Registered
92 Posts
DD, just FYI, while this changes nothing with KK being a bad seller of crap products, selling something you haven't received from a manufacture is pretty much standard procedure for any online ordering which helps keep costs down. Think how big your warehouse would have to be to hold EVERY product you sold.

As an example, when was the last time your dealership stocked ANYTHING OEM? I haven't been able to buy more than an oil filter and Honda Polish from a dealer in 10 years; I bet 90% of new product sold on eBay is non-stock items.

Doesn't change the product but just be mad about the right thing. :)

Mike

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
thanks for the warning. I'd avoid till other options are available.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts