Honda Grom Forums banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So any bigger engine you can throw in one of these? Or any way to get some more power out of it? Would be awesome if you could get it to do 80mph at least so it could be taken on the highway.

I want one, but if i cant hit the highway with it its kind of pointless. lol

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hmm. I wonder how the engine mount points relate to a CT70 (Trail 70), or some other common engine configuration.

·
Registered
10 Posts
You could make a pit bike motor fit with some modifications, with something like a yx150 it would fly. I have a yx140 in a homemade shifter kart and they are surprisingly good motors.

·
Premium Member
497 Posts
You could make a pit bike motor fit with some modifications, with something like a yx150 it would fly. I have a yx140 in a homemade shifter kart and they are surprisingly good motors.
something like this?

·
Registered
12 Posts
It is pretty cool that this little thing is fuel injected. I guess otherwise it is a similar motor to what they have offered for ages.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'd love to see it with more power, 2 stroke would be cool just for fun.
Like this one?
It's a 2010 250 ninja with a worked 350cc Yamaha Banshee ATV engine. It's not 100% complete, but I did ride the Tail of the Dragon with it!! I bet the Grom would be wicked with a 125 or 250cc 2 stroke single from a dirt bike!!

·
Registered
179 Posts
Why not?

I bought the Ninja for the sole purpose of swapping out the engine. It was/is a fun project and is a BLAST to ride!!
Thats different, Ninja is a Kawi. You've gotta swap engines on those to even start it, let alone ride it.
The Grom is a Honda, no need to even own tools :D

1 - 20 of 56 Posts