Honda Grom Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Exhaust, maybe? I did it... pictures and video added.

So I went out to the garage to see if the TBParts slip on I have laying around for a Z50 will work... and no luck, there's a bend that ruins that. So I was thinking and realized that I have a big bore low exhaust that I had bought for my 69 Z50 that I never put on. I thought that it might even work on this GROM! I think I may give it a shot this week. Sorry about the blurry pictures, they didn't look blurry when I took them on the phone. I got this exhaust because it looked old school, but it might just fit the bill for this thing. I'll have to modify the rear mount, but that's about it, I think.

Opinions?

·
Registered
154 Posts
Try it! Im gonna try the cheapo side exit and have it dump out a lower cowl. I was looking at the one you have looks like rearsets w/o passenger pegs are gonna be needed for that.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So I couldn't help myself. I was taking the reflectors off and that exhaust kept staring at me daring me to put it on.

The geometry is a little off. It needs a deeper bend and a new tab to mount it would be nice. I'm thinking of trying the exhaust that's on my black Z50 tomorrow to see if it's any better. See pictures and video below.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
There are two videos.... the two pictures above the Z50 pic are clickable links to the video.

·
Premium Member
703 Posts
Yes!!!! It works you should start making take off, fly bys, and rev videos.

Can't believe it worked must be nice. I like the sound :)

·
Registered
233 Posts
Wicked dude you should check around the garage to see if you have anything else that could fit on the grom. Do you have any other plans for it?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts