Honda Grom Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey found a place on e-bay called C&S Custom that makes extended bolt in blocks and a strut for the grom. Before I buy a set wondering what you guys thought should I go with the 6inch or 12inch both look really good Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
201 Posts
6 inch looks better IMO, the 12 is just too long.

Are you interested for cosmetic reasons or are you planning on running some serious power through your rear wheel?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Yea, the 12 inch looks a bit ridiculous on the Grom IMO. I would stick to the 6 inch option. Is this just for looks or are you doing it for some type of performance reason?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just wanting to do something different not for performance reasons. Was not even on my mind until i ran across these on e-bay

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
that is one heck of an extension.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Yeah I'm not much on stretched bikes...but that's just me. IMO, if you're gonna do it, you might as well do it right. Stretch it out 12", slam it to the ground, make it barely street legal, then add your personal touches to it. Just don't forget the engine, ok?

I'm leaving my dimensions stock, but I can appreciate that :motorcycle2_smilie:

·
Registered
201 Posts
I've just always felt that a extended swing makes if not actually a drag bike is very poser-ish... Now if you're going to run some serious power through the rear wheel and you need the extra trail thats a different story yo!

·
Registered
43 Posts
It looks pretty ridiculous IMO. If I saw this on the street I would think that the guy who did it has terrible taste and more money than he knows what to do with. I definitely think you could spend your money better, either on something different for your Grom or just somewhere else altogether.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
everyone has their own thing.

personally i dont like extended arms

on any motorcycle

but to each their own!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts