Honda Grom Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Suzuki is bringing an electric mini concept to the 2013 Tokyo MS in a couple weeks. If you're wondering WTF an Extrigger is its a portmanteau or Electric Crossover and Trigger... don't ask me....

Appearance wise the diminutive Suzuki looks quite Grom-ish until you notice its belly, or lack there of. In place is an electric motor stolen from the Suzuki e-Let scooter.

the Extrigger will also show up with wireless connectivity. to get this, allow riders to communicate with each other. I don't know about y'all but when I'm riding two hands are generally required. Texting and riding, nice...

Here's Suzuki's marketing speak:

• This is an electric motorcycle that was developed to give more people the chance to find out the fun of motorcycling. It is easy to ride and offers new sensations.
  • An electric motor unit of the e-Let’s electric scooter is equipped on a compact frame similar to that of a small bicycle.
  • While it feels like a toy bike, the Extrigger has features that are small but look like the real thing: aluminum frame, inverted front forks, front and rear disc brakes, and so on.
  • Making use of visible light communication technology, the rider can receive information from the motorcycle shop or enjoy communicating with friends.
  • The name Extrigger is coined from EX, which stands for Electric CROSS (X) over, and TRIGGER, which means a chance. Our desire to give people a chance to get interested in motorcycles with this model is put into its name.
They call it a toy....

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
cool idea but I don't think I'd be getting one.

It must have an insane amount of torque.

Wheelie monster

But no exhaust note? No thank you. Electric motors sound lame

·
Registered
60 Posts
the midnight wheelie machine... You dont wake the neighbors up lol... i would have to ride one before i even thought about buying it....

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
More importantly wonder what the range is? I can see people picking one up to play with but I doubt people will be using it for commuting like some of you use the Grom...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts