Honda Grom Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
rant:
seems like i have 2 possible stages in life where a happy medium would be better.
work-right now 2 clients doing two massive rollouts. i've worked 140 hours in the last 10 days. other times it's so slow that i spend all day on forums wondering wtf i'm getting paid for.
bikes-6 ongoing (not) projects right now. ktm build, crf100,sv1000, grom, selling buddys quad, and trying to ship another buddys stand up jetski across the country. Last winter/spring when i had time, i literaly had 0 work that needed to be done.
rest of life-either 10 events to attend a weekend or can't get anyone to leave their house

wtf, any tricks to "load balancing" this type of shit?

·
Premium Member
524 Posts
yes.... sending the ski to my place would make all of this much easier =]
i picked up a js550 like 7 months ago as a project for $100 and i got it running after a week and never finished it...... hate my life now that it's coming towards winter.

if you look on the bright side of things, at least you have work coming in unlike some that are in the struggle.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Sounds like a crap load is on your plate to get done. I would maybe consider taking out or postponing some of those task if possible. It would be hard to balance for me.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
hiring someone to help? firing them when its not as busy? :D

·
Premium Member
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hiring someone to help? firing them when its not as busy? :D
i don't have a say in that at work :p
and i don't think i can afford to have someone work on my bikes and attend my social functions :p

the bikes have been backburnered since the ski and quad showed up (didn't ask for those projects, my friends sorta dumped them on me).
Everything has been backburnered since work got crazy.

·
Registered
201 Posts
hey Sergei what do you do for a living? Sounds like your a bit of a freelance something... If so I've worked the freelance side before and the only advice I can tip in is be grateful when the work is there. I know it can sometimes be overwhelming to have multiple projects exploding at once but it sounds like you well aquainted with the flip side of having no work either...

It comes and goes, the only trick is rolling with the punches, otherwise your down for the 10 count...

If thats the nature of your beast, that's your beasts nature

·
Registered
187 Posts
that's life ... work, kids, kids sports ... that's why i never get to ride anymore.
I was hoping to get a Grom for commuting to work.
At least I could have fun for 1/2 hour a day.

plus i am trying to buy a new house. No expendable cash, and my VFR is in storage (no garage at the moment) so I really don't get to ride. And I used to love riding in the Fall, my favorite time of year.

·
Premium Member
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hey Sergei what do you do for a living? Sounds like your a bit of a freelance something... If so I've worked the freelance side before and the only advice I can tip in is be grateful when the work is there. I know it can sometimes be overwhelming to have multiple projects exploding at once but it sounds like you well aquainted with the flip side of having no work either...

It comes and goes, the only trick is rolling with the punches, otherwise your down for the 10 count...

If thats the nature of your beast, that's your beasts nature
I was a software development consultant before (.net sql etc) and now work for a document imaging company doing similar stuff. the side development projects are the "bike fund" :) too bad real work and side work decided that this was a good week to launch applications

·
Registered
995 Posts
How about setting up some streams of passive income so you don't always have to exchange your time for some set hourly pay? That way you can free up more time from your day and spend that time you save doing something you love. Like...Riding!

You might even be able to put in some wrench time if you really wanted to ;)

·
Premium Member
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
How about setting up some streams of passive income so you don't always have to exchange your time for some set hourly pay? That way you can free up more time from your day and spend that time you save doing something you love. Like...Riding!

You might even be able to put in some wrench time if you really wanted to ;)
takes money to do that. mine is all spent on bikes :p

·
Registered
998 Posts
Life's a Bitch than you Die

Remember when you Die everyone enjoys your fruits of life, your taxes, what ever you left behind.

My solution to you is to work hard, save money, date many women, get laid, be nice to your parents and family and don't burn bridges.

Life to short to worry, Enjoy Life, talk to the old people they have a lot of wisdom.

Wishing you the best

·
Registered
255 Posts
Life's a Bitch than you Die

Remember when you Die everyone enjoys your fruits of life, your taxes, what ever you left behind.

My solution to you is to work hard, save money, date many women, get laid, be nice to your parents and family and don't burn bridges.

Life to short to worry, Enjoy Life, talk to the old people they have a lot of wisdom.

Wishing you the best
Wise words from a wise man.

wow Cisco is nice to see this side of you man :cool:

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
If you're a technical mind think sine waves.

The engineering industry as a private consultant tends to flow high and low in terms of work so I see days where I spending time researching for personal development rather than creating a product but the best bet is to just buckle down and go hard at it

·
Premium Member
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
1 - 14 of 14 Posts