Honda Grom Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had to mod the base face plate of the HID light before it would get mounted correctly in my projector kit project. I used my PPS micro-start anti-gravity unit to run my HID for test purpose.
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 640x426.

first test to make sure everything is working properly
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 640x426.

I picked up the Grom light housing unit and shook it to see if the bulb with die and I also dropped the housing unit a couple of times to see if the bulb unit would die and it kept on working.

I took the bulb unit into my guitar room and set the unit up so I could check for alignment and any other problems.

Did a low light test

I did a hi-beam test by triggering the relay using a 9 volt battery, this drops the little metal plate window that blocks the HID beam upper range when the unit is in low beam app.

I readjusted the Grom housing unit for better horizontal light alignment on low beam setting

I than tested the hi-beam pattern again and everything seems to be working and I let the unit burn in for 15 minutes.

·
Premium Member
941 Posts

Nice job

1 - 2 of 2 Posts