Honda Grom Forums banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey all,

Yesterday i had my first long drive with the MSX125 and i have to say, i loved it!

i did arround 250 km thats about 155 mi.
in towns the bike is superb as expected, turn quick and is fast enough to get away first.. even when carrying a passenger.

Outside town it a slight different story, in Belgium we have 45 and 55 mi roads and sometimes (thanks to the Belgian drivers) you sometimes get the feeling you could use more power to counter your bike size :)

So for me personally im totally in love with my new bike, I've always loved small Honda bikes and its the same with this one!

What i did find out (and I've been reading it on this forum already) is that the seat is hard and it not that comfy if take it on a long drive (im talking about sunday drive's / Honda minibike meetings). So i might go for an aftermarket softer model over time! The mirrors are - indeed - worth nothing.. needs replacement for sure, all it shows is my shoulders (im guessing its made to asian size people)

1 other thing, when i was at work i took a GPS from the store to see how it would fit on the bike and i thing on a stock (and aftermarket bars) it would work perfectly!

the one I'm showing on the picture is the Garmin Zumo 310. As you can see there is enough space for a gps and still being able to see the speedometer

Greetings,

Jannes

·
Registered
327 Posts
The pictures didn't work for me. Thanks for posting. I'm very excited about getting this bike. :ChopperEmo:

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Im having a great time with the grom! To answer your questions, i could get my speed up to 90km easely thats about 55-60 mi if im not mistaking, the bike didnt feel like he had much troubles with the extra person riding along!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
17 Posts
Nice bike and post! I've done my share of getting lost in Belgium on bikes back in the early 1990s. Since I didn't speak French or Flemish, I would just point at a map and shrug my shoulders and people would point to where I was, then I would point to where I wanted to go and they would send me off in the right direction. Belgians were very friendly to us lost U.S. riders.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Nice bike and post! I've done my share of getting lost in Belgium on bikes back in the early 1990s. Since I didn't speak French or Flemish, I would just point at a map and shrug my shoulders and people would point to where I was, then I would point to where I wanted to go and they would send me off in the right direction. Belgians were very friendly to us lost U.S. riders.
hahah funny story, thats what makes biking so beautiful right? long live adventure! so when you were cruising around in Belgium i was still in diapers lol!!

·
Registered
168 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,004 Posts
jealous. i have to wait forver to see it in person

·
Premium Member
719 Posts
Awesome. It's great we have members like you willing to post about your thoughts and experiences

Reactions: aprilfools

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
awesome. you lucky chuck!

wish I had my GROM to ride this weekend :(

I like how the GPS fits like it was designed to haha.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts