Honda Grom Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Beer run! Finally South Carolina felt like giving me a slight window where it only slightly drizzled and I was able to put about 14 miles on my Grom! Picked it up today so at least I got to ride it on day one.

I can tell this thing is horribly choked down. Also, the transmission is disgustingly clunky. Also found a few false neutrals here and there. And no, it's not because I'm new to riding. 12 years and multiple bikes is enough to know how to ride. Hopefully it's because it's so new. The blinker switch is ridiculous, in that it is below the horn, and the horn button is much more prominent. I'm starting to get the muscle memory but for a minute there I'm sure people around the neighborhood were wondering why I was riding around honking the horn. I'll play it off as excitement :D. Hopefully tomorrow is a more dry day, so I can find more things to complain about, yet oddly not care about at the same time :motorcycle2_smilie:

Attachments

·
Registered
134 Posts
Ha ha I did the same thing here although its 95 here, picked it up got home and went and got some beer. Congrats on the Grom!

Attachments

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I wanna come back out west! Too much rain, no curvy roads, and quite often uncomfortably hot even at night! And no desert roads to play on! And not enough wide open space! And..........

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh, and I picked it up in my '71 C/10 shortbed. With no A/C. But I noticed we also have similar taste in trucks. Good choice!

·
Registered
134 Posts
Weird, mine is a '72 a/c cab but like you no a/c. Are you following me!? JK JK, They always say great minds think alike

·
Registered
995 Posts
Beer run! Finally South Carolina felt like giving me a slight window where it only slightly drizzled and I was able to put about 14 miles on my Grom! Picked it up today so at least I got to ride it on day one.

I can tell this thing is horribly choked down. Also, the transmission is disgustingly clunky. Also found a few false neutrals here and there. And no, it's not because I'm new to riding. 12 years and multiple bikes is enough to know how to ride. Hopefully it's because it's so new. The blinker switch is ridiculous, in that it is below the horn, and the horn button is much more prominent. I'm starting to get the muscle memory but for a minute there I'm sure people around the neighborhood were wondering why I was riding around honking the horn. I'll play it off as excitement :D. Hopefully tomorrow is a more dry day, so I can find more things to complain about, yet oddly not care about at the same time :motorcycle2_smilie:
Congrats! I hope you plan on getting a tail tidy kit to stop the rear end from being an eye sore :D

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Tail tidy got in a couple weeks ago :) oh and that's definitely a sampler pack from Kona Brewing Co! Thank you very much! Lol

·
Premium Member
703 Posts

Good to see you accumulated some miles already on the grom. I would probably do the same and hit the horn by accident, I am use to the blinkers being above the horn. I can just see you now honking with the pee wee herman laugh lol :D

congrats.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Seems like every one is going with black. No one here has the RED yet? Must have been nice to get a good ride before going on home. Keep us updated on your journey.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Well I have about 50 miles on it so far. The gas gauge has 6 bars total, but oddly, before I start it, it says I have 4/6, but after getting going (even after stopping again), it says 5/6. Anyways, it seems to burn next to no gas at all, given that the tank is 1.45usgal. And about 35 of those miles were at full payload. I am 205lbs and my woman is 135, so even during my 15 one-up miles, it was still pulling 205. Didn't have a problem with it though. Riding with traffic is no problem, and should you end up first at a light, you will most often dust the cagers without beating on it. I really had no intentions of delving into modification, but after riding a little, I think it deserves to breathe more easily, and it will no doubt bring much more enjoyment to the ride.

Oh...and yeah the backpack carried a 12 pack, barely. And for you beer drinkers, out of that sampler, 2/4 of the varieties were ok, the other two sucked. No more Kona for me. NEXT!

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Also, the bike is slightly bigger than I had imagined, but it's the perfect size. If it was any smaller, riding two-up would be very cramped. Though the seating position is upright and pleasant (seat is so-so), after chest/tri's it becomes a little more of a challenge to ride home! Lol!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts