Honda Grom Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ran it through a paint filter, one or two very small flakes of metal, lots of Honda bond liquid gasket sealer. Second change I will check the screen, I bet there will be sealer on that also.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Not bad. My experience with hard break-ins is that it's that second oil change which I do at about 200 miles where I find the most stuff along with dark oil. You may want to do the centrifugal filter at that time too especially if the oil looks suspect at the next oil change.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Did u really post a thread about changing your oil? Think the manual suggests at 650 mi by the way. Change the brake fluid while your at it, as the master cyclinder might have let some metal particles off in that first 2 hours of use.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
I always find hondabond. When they put the gaskets together they put excess in the corners and it almost always get inside. should send the oil out to a lab to have it tested. would be interesting to see results.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Liquid gasket can mess up bearings and clog oil passages not to mention block the screen.

Hey supermoto, die in a fire you have two posts and they are both rude! Karma will bite you some day my friend.

·
Registered
998 Posts
oil is cheaper to change than repairing a blown engine. It is better to be safe than sorry.

It is the same mind set with firearms and weapons, it is better to have a clean gun than a dirty sticking gun cylinder, slide, firing pin etc.

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
Liquid gasket can mess up bearings and clog oil passages not to mention block the screen.

Hey supermoto, die in a fire you have two posts and they are both rude! Karma will bite you some day my friend.
Remember to not respond with anger... Be the biggerdude

oil is cheaper to change than repairing a blown engine. It is better to be safe than sorry.

It is the same mind set with firearms and weapons, it is better to have a clean gun than a dirty sticking gun cylinder, slide, firing pin etc.
Truth. Often!

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You have to be to get some of the bolts off these things. Some one gave a little Asian dude a impact wrench and some red lock tight. Lucky for us it has good quality bolts and not the cheap crap bolts or we would have lots of problems.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.