Honda Grom Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Probably not. But it's been two days since the dealership, and I've got the silver turn signal brackets off for black plasti-dip. Next up is the peg brackets and the little round pieces off the sides. Will have pics when I'm done.

·
Registered
178 Posts
First thing I did was take off that seat strap. It was killing my ass. Now I'm putting bar end mirrors on. Its kind of a bitch. the internals are welded in. I have a rack and a fly screen on order. Oh yeah a tidy tail fender eliminator.

Reactions: HomeGrom

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Haha I gotcha guys, it got dark as I was finishing up. I'll have pics up tomorrow. But...I need to know how to get the seat lock cover off. The other one was easy, 5mm allen head. The turn signal brackets look great, but if y'all wanna do it, I'd recommend spraying with the bolts in place. I did mine and when I tightened them down, two of them peeled a bunch of the coating off. Since I like the way it looks, I will probably just take them off later and actually paint them.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok I went to a gas station to take some pictures under the lights. Looks a lot better IMO. I think I may try the forks too, since I can just peel it off. Definitely wanna get the peg brackets done. Luckily Honda has designed this bike to be worked on with just a few different tools.

You'll see in a couple pics why I recommend having the bolts in place while spraying. Also, how to get the seat lock cover off?

Attachments

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
And I don't really want to, because I think the stickers have a purpose, but I think I'll peel the stickers off the swingarm and stick them in the back of the manual. Hell, it's under the seat anyways. No problem if I need some info.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Haha yeah that'd be funny. Most people think it's a liquor-cycle til they look closer, then they're just confused. Yes, it's an actual motorcycle, and not some cheap chinese knockoff either.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I thought about plasti-dipping them, but for all that work, I know it would just peel. Might as well have the peg brackets powdercoated. I want my peg brackets and wheels powdercoated gold to match the forks. Now I just have to do it quickly before any of you fools beat me to it lol.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts