Honda Grom Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Grom, whats a Grom, whos a Grom, why a Grom? All questions that seem to be baffling the mainstream media and general populace but it certainly did get me thinking, just what is it about the Grom that makes it so appealing? After pondering for about 25 seconds it cracked me over the head. Customization. The Grom is cheap, snaps together like Lego, legendary Honda reliability and a reputation of Thai insanity we all need to live up to.

Chopped and Screwed

Banana seat, crazy rake, low slung and dipped in gold this MSX from Thailand would make Indian Larry proud. Custom work looks to be more complex than the majority of garage DIYers are capable of, but if you can, DO IT. Oh and pics or it didn't happen....

Pocket Rocket

bolt on fairing available in Thailand and hopefully on its way to NA converts your Grom into a mini (mini) supersport, complete the look with Repsol decals for full effect ;)

Cafe

My personal favorite brings back the cafe styles of the '70's and carries on the cafe tradition set by the old honda CB's. Problem is most of the Cafe Groms are custom but if i remember correctly i did hear of a company selling cafe style fairings

Ducati

From what I understand this is a simple bolt on kit to transform the Grom into a mini Monster.

Wrap It Up

Vinyl wraps and plasti dipping are one of their easier visual mods to pull on the Grom, lots of various looks to suit your style, or multiple styles...

Thats clearly not the end of the line, there are big bore kits, longer swings, swapped fairings, different wheels. The possibilities are vast. Feel free to throw up whatever you think is missing or anything cool and unique you're up to...

·
Premium Member
703 Posts
For the looks besides the tail tidy I wouldn't be making that much of a change but it is nice to see.

the glow in the dark theme is new. Would love to see one in person.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
awesome. more photos of these custom GROMs.

I still think that super sport kit is awesome. someone needs to mass produce those.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I think the clear front fairing on the cafe racer style Grom is pretty cool. I wouldn't go wuite as all out as the person who owns this one did, but the idea of clear plastic being part of the bike appeals to me. Glow in the dark could be cool too. it at least would be safer probably. Just like reflectors on a bicycle and the like.

I can't tell if I really like the gold Grom or if I think it is a terrible mistake. I think that it partly depends on who actually owns and rides the thing.

·
Registered
998 Posts
They are great looking in there own design, that is why we buy the Grom because we can make it just the way we want it to look like to our taste and our riding style.

Hoping Yamaha, Kawasaki, Suzuki will come out with a Grom killer with 200cc or more just to mix it in that would be way cool.

It's like the iphone, now all the other companies want to copy the iphone and samsung seems to be catching up and taking over.

Same with GoPro action camera, all the other companies are coping or catching up to the fad.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
They are great looking in there own design, that is why we buy the Grom because we can make it just the way we want it to look like to our taste and our riding style.

Hoping Yamaha, Kawasaki, Suzuki will come out with a Grom killer with 200cc or more just to mix it in that would be way cool.

It's like the iphone, now all the other companies want to copy the iphone and samsung seems to be catching up and taking over.

Same with GoPro action camera, all the other companies are coping or catching up to the fad.
agreed, and the more comp the grom gets the more aftermarket goodies we get to see for bikes the Grom size...

this Grom cafe is my fav...

How about a Super Duke Grom?

or how about Moto Grom...

So many flavors...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts