Honda Grom Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

don't know much about this system other than its made 100% in the USA and that it shaves 7 lbs off stock.

Aluminum Factory 4.1RCT SL (Slip-On) Carbon End Cap $349.99

Aluminum. Factory 4.1RCT Competition System with Carbon Cap and Stainless Steel Header $399.99

the slip and full system are not intended for street use, but does that make them illegal?

Wish i could find power figures, the website only says MASSIVE power gains...

Products - Bike Finder - FMF Racing

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
shoot them an email and ask for dyno sheets :p

is it illegal? probably.. depends what state you are in too I guess.

Will anyone really bother you for it on a 250cc? Maybe not.

Reactions: elizeRR

·
Registered
108 Posts
Looks like fun but I wouldn't buy it until I knew more about exactly what kind of power gains I should be expecting. I wouldn't be too worried about them being illegal, but you should still figure that out so that you can avoid getting a ticket or something because you drive by a cop at the wrong time.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I emailed FMF and they said they would not be focusing on any street applications for the GROM. They don;t want to have to deal with emissions regs..

ah well its not like we're without options ;)

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just ordered the full exhaust. Its on backorder for a week I was told. Will post when I get it installed. Should I get the full system or slip on if only modding the airbox and no power commander or ecu parts?

·
Registered
10 Posts
I just installed the full system. Sounds great not too loud. Seems to pull better on the top end

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.