Honda Grom Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
998 Posts
yep done that on Fox hill at Laguna Seca and had my Hayabusa take a tumble when I got stuck in dirt at the top of the hill side.

Glad you Grom don't look that bad and hopefully you are ok

Like I said Ride Safe

·
Premium Member
1,004 Posts
probably didn't even hurt anything except your pride

·
Registered
18 Posts
Dodgerider26 are really just that dumb for trying to climbing a slope with street tire I mean come on an old Honda CT70/90/110 could have easy got up that hill with right tire.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Looks like you might need some trials tires ;)

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
hows the bike now? whats the damage?

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Dodgerider26 are really just that dumb for trying to climbing a slope with street tire I mean come on an old Honda CT70/90/110 could have easy got up that hill with right tire.
You sound like the kind of person that would argue it's better to drive to the top of pikes peak instead of climb it. I can't imagine how boring my life would be if I never pushed myself for a little adventure. Live a little, it's fun!

·
Registered
187 Posts
Damage was non existent. No fairing damage, no fender damage, no engine damage, mirror never touched. Literally the only thing that happened is that the bar end was scratched.
Either you are stretching the truth, or the picture was staged. No way you only got bar end damage with the bike laying flat over on the ground like that.
Grass (or carpet) fall is the only way to avoid scrapes.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
187 Posts
I just did. I'm still confused. I guess I would be too picky, I'm sure I would have gotten down and brushed the poor little bike off and found all kinds of damage, and then have been sad ;-)
Hey, I have an XR80 I will trade you, you can beat that up all you want, it's old :)

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Damage was non existent. No fairing damage, no fender damage, no engine damage, mirror never touched. Literally the only thing that happened is that the bar end was scratched.
thats good to hear.

so some minor damage, a lesson learnt, and a bit of frustration.

you and your GROM live to ride another day :cool:

·
Registered
255 Posts
GUYS!....

Just be glad that Doderider went out there to push the grom to the limits to show us the possibilities. If it was for him many would be iffy about hitting the highways. And in this case now most of you know the grom might need better nobbie tires to make the climb if you even want to attempt at all.

But anyways, I appreciate these videos bro keep em coming ;)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts