1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is my 1971 Honda SL-125 which I'm slowly taking my time to restore

notice the engine size

notice the handle bar looks

Notice the speedo and tach and the original miles, under 7,000 miles, bought this mc at a estate sale and my EX messed it up when it was in Mohave Valley Arizona in the barn stored at my second house which I lost in the divorce.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Hi, CiscoSanJose. I once owned a silver SL-125, a 1972 model if I remember correctly. I envy you for owning such a cool (and street legal) piece of Honda history. Mine is long gone. Good luck on your restoration.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
always loved this design.

have fun with the restoration. post up some photos wen you are done. classic design that is truly timeless.

·
Registered
15 Posts
The first bike I rode on was my Dad's Honda 125, I think it was a CB and it was a 1970 or possibly older, I'm not sure. All I remember is that it was fun. It's really cool to see someone trying to restore one of the old bikes.

·
Registered
7 Posts
this was also the first bike i ever rode. got taken to an adult party when i was about 10 or 12.. they didnt have anything for me to do, or want for me to be around, so they set me up on one of these with a full tank of gas and a 150 acre farm. after about 4 hours i ran out of gas, middle of nowhere, and had to find my way back pushing this thing in the rain. i miss riding it sooo much!

·
Premium Member
703 Posts
Looks great cisco. Would love to see the build and restoration. You can see where the inspiration of the grom came from. What do you have planed beside the restoration? This and the Grom would make a fine team ;)

·
Registered
124 Posts
I love your bike and wish I had on like it. Of course you realize the the Grom is based on the horizontal "monkey" engine instead of the vertical engine that yours has.

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
Restore that! I love these bikes in original form. I know that there are some people who restomod them and chop them up, but save it!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts