Honda Grom Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Can you post us the steps? Very interested in doing this because the Tidy Tail from composimo is overpriced and doesn't work with the USDM indicators.

·
Registered
995 Posts
it looks great, free is almost always best!

Can you post us the steps? Very interested in doing this because the Tidy Tail from composimo is overpriced and doesn't work with the USDM indicators.
x2

a DIY would be great, i know a ton of members, more so the younger ones, would be more inclined to do this.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Can you post pics of the underside of the tail?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I will get some pictures up tomorrow. l made my bracket on a cnc machine but you could easily build it with basic tools in your shop or just use tie straps. I mocked it up with tie straps and it was good and sturdy.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Easy tie strap method. Remove the tail from the bike, remove the blinkers and wiring from the tail, and then remove the rubber grommets fome the blinkers. Tie strap the blinkers together through the mounting holes and make sure the wires are through the small cutouts then tie strap the blinkers to the bike. Finally install the wiring. Sorry for the crude instructions but I'm doing this from my phone at a friends house.

Attachments

·
Registered
213 Posts
Just FYI, in CA anyway the blinkers will be illegal as they are less than the minimum distance apart from each other (I think 13"?) May be a Federal code, not state.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Just FYI, in CA anyway the blinkers will be illegal as they are less than the minimum distance apart from each other (I think 13"?) May be a Federal code, not state.
do the police actually check for it?

·
Registered
213 Posts
do the police actually check for it?
You may get it a ticket for it if they notice its right next to each other, but its more of something that a crazy lawyer could go after trying to prove its not someones fault that rear ends you or something like that.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts