Do keep in mind I am not allowed to go tearing ass all over
but
the seat feels like I am getting a brick wedgie
riding position makes me think I am going to faceplant
do not like the heft of the front end
I STILL THINK ITS AWESOME-- but not the end all be all it was made out to be

· Registered
254 Posts
On the riding position I've noticed a lot of forum members talking about sitting on the seat strap. Just FYI, if you're sitting that far back then you are sitting in the passenger seat. The rider position is the lower part of the seat. I imagine your faceplant feeling is coming from sitting too far back on it but I'm just guessing wildly across the internet... I may be wrong.

I know I've felt very natural on mine when I sit all the way forward like I'm supposed to.

· Registered
128 Posts
That may be a ht. issue too. I think taller riders may be too close to the handlebars if they sit that far forward. For those who have a wobble, they have said sitting back farther helps with that too. For sure there is not much of a dip where the seat is, so maybe that's by design so people can choose where to sit. I am really curious about the front end and the hard seat now. Almost everyone has mentioned those 2 things as at least a minor problem. I am also surprised there isn't already a Corbin or someone advertising a replacement seat. Surely it won't be long now that the bike has hit the US with a lot of Groms being sold. That's probably what I will do. Sure wish I could sit on one to see what y'all are talking about exactly with that seat. At least it doesn't seem to be slanted forward. When that happens, your undies get all knotted up and can chaff your legs etc. This sounds like the seat just lacks padding. Is there no adjustment for compression and rebound for the forks?

· Registered
128 Posts
Dealers are all different though and sometimes even they aren't consistent in whether they will deal. It will be hard with a new bike in high demand though. I have always made the best deals at the end of a model year when the new model bikes are out. $3600 seems to be about the average out the door price...that's everything....bike, taxes, registration, license plates, and anything else they tack on like assembly, destination fees, origination fees. It may even be hard to shop around cause I haven't even heard of 2 dealers in an area having their bikes at the same time. They get a couple, sell out, then someone else in another city several hundred miles gets a couple and they sell out too. On the other hand, it looks like several people put down refundable deposits then changed their minds cause some people who at one time were 5th on a waiting list, were called and got their bike immediately. My dealer is not a top level Honda dealer, but I still expect something this week. I said that last week though. I already made my deal...$3600 otd. The salesman seemed pleased with the sale, so I probably overpaid a tad, but a couple hundred one way or the other won't matter if I like the bike and if I ACTUALLY GET ONE.

· Registered
35 Posts
Im sure you will get complaints.. Honda should have taken into account the non asia market and not overlook the fact we are not that light. I'm a 100kg suited up, 186cm tall. I moved the steering wheel more up and im waiting for my adj foot pegs in hopes it will be better.

Ah yes, i sit like it is designed, most towards the front as possible. The front shocks are not ok. We have speedbumps, if i brake too late snd have no other choice than to brake on the slope of the bump; the front fork will go to the bottom.. So in the end:

3k euro for the bike, 1100 euro for custom parts, a cam, an exhaust ( both not paid yet) and i still most likely need front susp and rear changed. I got it 2 weeks and drove 600km and day 2 already i found out the susp is crap.. To me that is a real design flaw.. Im even condidering to sell it again (!!)

· Registered
35 Posts
You are talking to someone from the land of all land ir to speedbumps.. Not all of the ones in my area can be taken full throttle, plus sometimes you need to slow down because of a crossing.. Fact still stays: front is crap.

· Registered
12 Posts
I would think dealers love this bike, if for no other reason that it could hook up a whole new demographics to our sport.

Show the love to those who buy, treat them well during service, and in a couple of years they'll be back in buying a CBR.

· Registered
197 Posts
I would think dealers love this bike, if for no other reason that it could hook up a whole new demographics to our sport.

Show the love to those who buy, treat them well during service, and in a couple of years they'll be back in buying a CBR.
I wish they would all see it that way. Instead, almost $1,000 difference in dealer fees are being reported.

· Registered
998 Posts
I hear we make like $300 on them at list -- no wiggle room
Thanks for the heads up and the honest answer of dealer profit. I assume the $300 is from the list $2,999 that Honda ads quote.

My friend in Thailand bought one of those Grom which is called the MSX-125 and he told me that it cost him $2,200 US dollars and Honda is still making money on that amount.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.