Honda Grom Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Currently Riding a 98' Triumph Speed triple.

Before that...
* 08 KLR 650
* 95? Honda Nighthawk 750 (Can't remember the model year)
* 93 Honda CBR 900rr
* 81 Yamaha XJ 500
* 84 Yamaha XT 250 Enduro
* 83 Honda 125 Enduro

Of course I'll ride just about everything at demo rides.

Been riding since I was about 6, I couldn't touch the ground, but I could stand on the pegs of the 125. My dad would hold the bike upright, while I took off, then to stop I'd try to find a nice soft looking patch of grass to dump it into. Handle bars held up better than they should have on that little 125.

I like all kinds of riding. But I'm most fond of trail riding, though my present situation tends to make highway and city riding more accessible.

After nearly 25 years of riding I've had one serious accident. It was with my KLR 650 - went down on the freeway at 70mph. The bike needed new mirrors, but thanks to crash bars little else. All in all about $125 in repairs. My body on the other hand needed some hardware added to it, and after $135,000 in repairs I've made what would be considered a successful recovery. :crash_smilie:

·
Registered
995 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Love the list of bikes you owned, CBR900RR being my favorite from that list. Sorry to hear about your accident, glad to hear your doing much better and able to get back on a bike again.

·
Registered
10 Posts
There's another Phoenician here!
While my experience and line up pales in comparison to yours, it is good to see another local (not sure the terminology applies online). You know, someone that understands what it is to drive out here.
Glad you made it out okay, I've known a few that weren't so lucky... if you can call it that.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Wow! What a bill!! Glad you are still riding. If you ever want to ride, we have a group of small bikes including two Groms so far and we usually ride on Friday nights. Hit me back Az people and lets see if we can get the Groms together for a ride or two:)

·
Registered
4 Posts
I live in Tempe, the only two wheeled vehicle I've had before my brand new grom were the couple of ruckus' I used to have. Side note, got my grom 2 days ago, have about 60 miles on it and now it doesn't wanna cycle through gears or into neutral unless it's moving. Any thoughts?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts