Honda Grom Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
I think most rear stands work fine with the Grom. My cheap rear stand with swing arm rests from MJ Moto works for all my bikes including the Grom although my other bikes have swingarm spools and the rear stand has prongs that engage those. There aren't any holes for swingarm spools on the Grom as I'm sure you've noticed. The front stand from Moto does not work. I cannot get the pin into the triple tree hole cause the stand won't get past the horn, headlight, etc. so I have no good way to deal with the front. Think what I would do to change a front tire is put two ladders beside the front with a strong plank or bar resting on the steps, then suspend the front of the Grom with straps or rope to keep the front off the ground. Not the best probably, but there will be no cost involved. If I used the ladders on the back wheel, I think I would tie down the front so it didn't move around. They have front stands that lift under the forks too that would work. There is no good way to jack the bike up with so much stuff under the bike and nowhere to place a jack.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That would be something for someone to come up with. Your right, my rear stand does have both spool and cups and the cups will work. Im sure someone will come up with a front stand... I hope!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Can you not put the rear on a paddock stand, then with a block of wood and a trolley jack under the exhaust or engine jack up the front. yes, it can be a little unstable, but it does work for little jobs ( or major if you are really careful.

Neil

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.