Honda Grom Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, as some of you have read, I have avoided getting my motorcycle endorsement all my life, mostly because of laziness...I admitted it.

Well, last night I went to the first class, the classroom portion, and at the beginning the instructor asked everyone to introduce themselves and I mentioned I bought a new bike, was likely gonna get a ticket on it, so I needed to finally get this taken care of after many years of procrastination.

A couple students later, another guy introduces himself and mentions that he too bought a new bike, a new Honda Grom...I laughed, looked at him and said "That's the same thing I bought!"

Instructor had no clue as to what a Grom is...I think he called it "a groom." He said something like "A what? A groom? What's a groom?" (course is at a HD dealership)

LOL

So, there are two Grom owners in my class...He's doing mods on his, actually building his own exhaust system, header and can. I think he has big plans for that little engine.

I know he lurks hare and at .net, so if he wants to join and say "hey," that's up to him, but just thought it was funny, two Grom owners in same class and the instructor had never even heard of them yet.

·
Registered
998 Posts
So, as some of you have read, I have avoided getting my motorcycle endorsement all my life, mostly because of laziness...I admitted it.

Well, last night I went to the first class, the classroom portion, and at the beginning the instructor asked everyone to introduce themselves and I mentioned I bought a new bike, was likely gonna get a ticket on it, so I needed to finally get this taken care of after many years of procrastination.

A couple students later, another guy introduces himself and mentions that he too bought a new bike, a new Honda Grom...I laughed, looked at him and said "That's the same thing I bought!"

Instructor had no clue as to what a Grom is...I think he called it "a groom." He said something like "A what? A groom? What's a groom?" (course is at a HD dealership)

LOL

So, there are two Grom owners in my class...He's doing mods on his, actually building his own exhaust system, header and can. I think he has big plans for that little engine.

I know he lurks hare and at .net, so if he wants to join and say "hey," that's up to him, but just thought it was funny, two Grom owners in same class and the instructor had never even heard of them yet.

So what part of the world both of you are from since there is no mention of what country, state, county.

I took my motorcycle license road test on my 1987 YSR-50 way back when in California and passed it on my first try. That was when Calif did not have a minimum cc requirement.

·
Premium Member
1,004 Posts
grom on msf range. that's cheating. I thought i was cheating when i did the ERC on a dorsoduro (aprilia's hypermotard) because it was so easy on a lighter bike with upright seating and a handlebar.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
I've noticed that in the course there are a few people who purchased motorcycles before their license.

Crazy folks

There was a girl who bought a brand new 750 GSXR as her first motorcycle and she has no previous experience riding... I hope shes doing alright.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I've noticed that in the course there are a few people who purchased motorcycles before their license.

Crazy folks

There was a girl who bought a brand new 750 GSXR as her first motorcycle and she has no previous experience riding... I hope shes doing alright.
Wow, that sounds like a death wish.

I was a little sketchy jumping on a R6 even after riding motocross all my life

·
Premium Member
1,004 Posts

i was a little sketchy jumping on a gsxr750 even after doing track days and 60k miles on tamer sportbikes.

in my erc (brc2 now) there was a 4 foot tall guy trying to get his license on a new boulevard m109. He was terrified of it and ended up dropping his shiny shit twice throughout the course (no damage but it took a couple of us to pick it up). of course out of 20 people he was also the only one who couldn't pass the test. coach told him that either he needs to learn on a smaller bike or just give up altogether

Reactions: Cadimanjd

·
Registered
995 Posts

some people just don't know what their limit is supposed to be and get anything cool, getting a 750 is cool but not when you're a newb.

since the grom has been known to be very forgiving i think it's an amazing starter bike, even if you buy it before getting a license

·
Registered
288 Posts
My wife started on a CBR600F4. After taking the MSF corse she was fine, sport bikes are pretty light and have great brakes. And girls tend to have way more throttle discipline than guys. I don't think my wife has ever touched the redline on a bike. Yet on a race track I bet she would smoke most of the people here. She rides smooth and fast and goes to the track a few times a year.

Crazy folks

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.