Honda Grom Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Battery died from the USB Port install, because the USB port does draw (needs a switch)

Nevertheless, a Grom will bump start in either 1st or 2nd quite easily.

So, now you know in case of an emergency like left key on or whatever

·
Registered
995 Posts
Nice! Good to know, I believe this is the first report on this forum of someone being able to bump start their grom. It should be helpful if the battery dies or even if the starter dies.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Buy the way, another observation, the alternator charges the system battery quite quickly. If you kill it and then bump start it, ride a few miles, it'll generate enough to at least push button start again. I'd guess a long ride will give a full charge.

·
Registered
187 Posts
battery was probably only about 11.5 volts. Not enough to start the bike, but enough to run the ignition and the fuel injection.
If it was stone cold dead ... like key on overnight, then it would not bump start.
this is true of any bike.
Must be a good battery to boot :)

·
Registered
998 Posts
Battery died from the USB Port install, because the USB port does draw (needs a switch)

Nevertheless, a Grom will bump start in either 1st or 2nd quite easily.

So, now you know in case of an emergency like left key on or whatever
yep just like the YSR-50, even if it had a kick start I still pushed it and let out the clutch when in second gear and starts right up.

·
Registered
327 Posts
I'm putting a Fuzeblock FZ1 in the Grom. Everything will be switched.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I've had no luck bumping fuel injected bikes. They need power to run the brain and to release fuel. I had a 2010 Bonneville with fuel injection and it would not bump no matter what we did. Changed the battery and fired right up.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts