Honda Grom Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had my second fill up today. I got 123 mpg!

What are you all getting?

·
Registered
47 Posts
100mpg first tank and 85 second. Second tank was one ride and full throttle nearly the entire time.

·
Premium Member
719 Posts
I got 75mpg on my 1st tank. 86 miles. 1.15gallons
I'm abusive to mine I guess

·
Registered
995 Posts
Wasn't there someone that hit 150mpg's? or something at least closer to it?

I think you guys should also be a bit more detailed on your MPG numbers, just so people know what exactly is factoring in to the numbers posted here :)

·
Registered
336 Posts
My riding was mixed for sure. About half of it was two-up, mostly riding about 40 mph. The rest was a bit of 30 mph, and a lot of 45 mph. When two up, I rev it a bit higher. When solo, I rev about 5-6k before I shift.

The guy who you're thinking about did some very in-depth research. He hit a high of 165mpg, but his bike never saw over 4k, whether shifting or cruising. That limits you to about 30 mph, and slow acceleration. Of course, he observed drops in fuel economy when traveling at higher speeds or harder acceleration, but I don't think he dropped below 100mpg.

·
Registered
36 Posts
127, 120, 122 on first three tanks. Just commuting on on 35-45mph roads. I don't beat the thing, but I don't really take it easy on her either.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I got 75mpg on my 1st tank. 86 miles. 1.15gallons
I'm abusive to mine I guess
75 mpg ! Your tank mustn't have been full. I get 92-94 on my wife's PCX and I ride that thing pretty hard. Same with the Grom: I usually shift around 7,000 rpm but I won't ride full throttle. I usually cruise between 45 and 50 mph.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am getting about 100mpg. I have about 350 miles so far. When I first got mine I rode it pretty hard, now I cruise the back roads at 45mph. My girlfriend is getting about 130mpg on hers. I weigh about 250, she is 130. The extra weight sure makes a difference. Still pretty cool going that far on a gallon and a half.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Averaging 113mpg right now. mostly commuting to work at around 50mph.
Hey Jesse have you taken your Grom to Waimea yet or ride over the Saddle Road to Hilo. I was wondering how the Grom handles in the High altitude. Would be a blast to ride to Kau or South Point on the Grom. How many Groms on the Big Island so far?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hey Jesse have you taken your Grom to Waimea yet or ride over the Saddle Road to Hilo. I was wondering how the Grom handles in the High altitude. Would be a blast to ride to Kau or South Point on the Grom. How many Groms on the Big Island so far?
Not yet. Rode down naapo'opo'o road and a little further. Planning on doing a around the island trip, just need to find the time. Only have two on the island so far. Interested in the mileage I would get going around the island??

·
Registered
998 Posts
Not yet. Rode down naapo'opo'o road and a little further. Planning on doing a around the island trip, just need to find the time. Only have two on the island so far. Interested in the mileage I would get going around the island??
yep my sister said the price of gas in Hilo is through the roof and I assume the only place you can get cheap gas would be at Costco in Kona. I wasn't sure if they had a gas station at Costco or not. I did like the Kona Costco met alot of Haole chicks there, was unreal.

Use to surf alot at Honolii in Hilo and at Banyon's in Kona. Best place was Black Sand Beach before the lava flow took over the area. I noticed that Hilo Bay front had some good winter swells when I went home a couple of years ago.

Anyway ride safe on the islands and might go home "Hilo" this xmas.
Aloha

·
Premium Member
1,004 Posts
i filled the tank with gas in my garage out of the can i bring with me to mini races. so no idea :p

·
Registered
49 Posts
After burning up the gas the dealer provided I filled up so I would know exactly what I was starting with. 2 fillups since then.

81 MPG the first check and 82 the second. Flogging it almost every single second and lots of full throttle top speed. Really learning the art of tucking on this thing :)

·
Registered
86 Posts
Whatever the mpg is on the Grom, I know that it is really good. It is such a small and light bike. I know it matters how often you ride, but how often do you have to fill it up?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts