Honda Grom Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are working with a manufacturer to make a plug-n-play Gear indicator for the Grom.

We know it's only got 4 gears.

But, it's always nice NOT to be ghost shifting into 5th. :)

Sub. $99 price range

Is this something that would intrest you guys ?

·
Registered
995 Posts
great accessory, it might be 4 gears but it's always good to know where exactly you are. for $100 it seems worth it to me.

·
Premium Member
941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Exactly.

·
Registered
14 Posts
To be perfectly honest, I dont think I would want to spend over $75 for a part that is not really needed. Just my opinion though. Price is always dictated on what it costs to manufacture and ship though, so I do understand that part. It would be nice to have one though.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Why a gear changer? I don't see no reason to have one on the Grom, serious. There is only 4 speed shifter, one down three up. Don't need another distraction while riding a motorcycle. It's like flying a helicopter once you get a hang in flying one it is all cyclic "stick between your legs", paddle "left and right on the floor", collective control "left side lever with twist for engine power control", it is more a rhythm with your hands and legs moving in sync. Same way with riding a motorcycle, once you get it than you never forget.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Before the Grom/MSX came out i had a chance to ride an Inova which has almost the same engine with four gears and a semi auto transmission and i was pleased to see a gear indicator. Although it is not essential, i did find it useful to know where you are in the sequence, especially after quickly shifting down several gears before stopping for instance - sometime you end up in first sometime in second...

So yes i think this would be a convenient indicator. I'm not sure i'd be willing to spend $100 on it though.

One suggestion: make sure the display is not a distraction when riding at night.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I would be interested in it if it were slightly cheaper than $100. I would not want to pay anymore than $80 for it. $75 seems fair.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I would totally be interested too, but only if its 100 dollars or less to my doorstep. Anything over that just seems like too much and not worth it anymore.

·
Premium Member
941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Premium Member
941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Great News........... The plug-n-play wire harness have arrived in the U.S.

Should clear customs and be in our store in 24 hrs.

All back orders will be filled as soon as we get them.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts