Honda Grom Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Vendor
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heres a random photo i took today of the shop mule... just cuz... Wanting to make sure everyone knows that things are happening n stuff, since i do take a lot of heat privately for not posting a hundred pics of the thing every single day from every different angle with go-pro vids to match... lol!!!

Does snickers satisfy? :p

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Awesome photo. Making us jealous with our non projector headlights

Could you post a photo of the headlight output on a white wall?

·
Vendor
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It sucks.. Ill be happily changing to the US spec light when it is available. This projector light is a POS to ride with at night.. Can't see s#!t "through" the turn ... And around here I have a lot of turns at night with little to no light otherwise so in completely blind riding into a turn... It's scary, and not my idea of a good time. Lol! I have to slow down a lot when riding at night in turns. If you're in a city where everything and every turn has lights around and you can see whether u have a headlight or not, it's fine...

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
It sucks.. Ill be happily changing to the US spec light when it is available. This projector light is a POS to ride with at night.. Can't see s#!t "through" the turn ... And around here I have a lot of turns at night with little to no light otherwise so in completely blind riding into a turn... It's scary, and not my idea of a good time. Lol! I have to slow down a lot when riding at night in turns. If you're in a city where everything and every turn has lights around and you can see whether u have a headlight or not, it's fine...
interesting. most enjoy the light from projectors.

Is the light too dim? Or do you just not like how the light is only set to the ground and not high up enough?

·
Vendor
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
"most enjoy the light".... meaning people who drive cars that don't lean?

The projector puts out a nice flat line at the top of the pattern... you can have it aimed nice and level with your horizon, but as soon as you lean the bike and turn, your "horizon" that you have to view essensially 'rises' because from your bikes point of view, it has to look "up" through the turn. With the projector, that horizon of the beam is still down where it is when the bike is upright.

Riding in areas like i do, that translates into and area of absolute darkness as you are leaning into a turn at night... and the area that is in darkness is what you are about to ride into, and you're completely blind to possible issues in the road (potholes, gravel, dead/live animals, a car parked too far into the street, etc).

Maybe the "most" ride in city situations where there is light anyway, and you can still see whether you had your headlight on or not... for instance, when i was riding in NYC, i didn't notice it at ALL... but as soon as we got out of the city back onto dark roads, it was more noticeable, but there was still some light here and there, so it was tolerable... But on the roads around here, it is downright dangerous...

·
Registered
995 Posts
Interesting, I guess the U.S. Spec headlight with a brighter bulb might be the better way out. I'd like to see what riding at night and going through turns is like with the projector setup.

i ride in the city and on back roads which at times have little to no light.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Heres a random photo i took today of the shop mule... just cuz... Wanting to make sure everyone knows that things are happening n stuff, since i do take a lot of heat privately for not posting a hundred pics of the thing every single day from every different angle with go-pro vids to match... lol!!!

Does snickers satisfy? :p
haha Nice. Is that the height it's going to sit at even when your riding it around? Would the front hugger crack when you hit a bumper or uneven surface on the road?

Need a farther picture to see the overall height! Thanks though for posting this up ;)

·
Registered
140 Posts
"most enjoy the light".... meaning people who drive cars that don't lean?

The projector puts out a nice flat line at the top of the pattern... you can have it aimed nice and level with your horizon, but as soon as you lean the bike and turn, your "horizon" that you have to view essensially 'rises' because from your bikes point of view, it has to look "up" through the turn. With the projector, that horizon of the beam is still down where it is when the bike is upright.

Riding in areas like i do, that translates into and area of absolute darkness as you are leaning into a turn at night... and the area that is in darkness is what you are about to ride into, and you're completely blind to possible issues in the road (potholes, gravel, dead/live animals, a car parked too far into the street, etc).

Maybe the "most" ride in city situations where there is light anyway, and you can still see whether you had your headlight on or not... for instance, when i was riding in NYC, i didn't notice it at ALL... but as soon as we got out of the city back onto dark roads, it was more noticeable, but there was still some light here and there, so it was tolerable... But on the roads around here, it is downright dangerous...
Luckily you pointed that out. Maybe the U.S. spec would be more suitable for the roads. That is a problem when you have a projector.

·
Premium Member
703 Posts
I just can't get over how good looking it is with the projector but the function is important especially with such a small bike. Sucks that there is an issue with the projector. But thanks for pointing it out John.

Save your monies on the headlight conversion guys! If you want to live lol

·
Registered
259 Posts
if the headlight is not what you hoped for, maybe you could go with this type of mod in the future, doesnt look to bad imo :)

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
if the headlight is not what you hoped for, maybe you could go with this type of mod in the future, doesnt look to bad imo :)

those look awesome.

dual projectors :motorcyclesmilie:

·
Premium Member
1,004 Posts

1 - 20 of 25 Posts