Honda Grom Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked this up reading a dash cam forum.
[ame=http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00DTKZKQM/ref=oh_details_o02_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1]Amazon.com: Waterproof 12MP sj1000 1080P Full HD Sports Action Camera Car Dashcam with G-Sensor Motion Detection 140 Degrees Wide Angle Lens HDMI H.264 DVR194 sj1000 camera Helmet sports camera Motion Detection 140 Degrees Wide Angle Lens HDMI H.264 [/ame]

Comes with a TON of mounts. Has a nice screen on it, 1080p and pics, i think 12mp. havent used that yet.

Short clip on the GROM handlebar. Idle shakes like the bike does. i need to try another mount or tighten this one up, either way not bad for 99$.

after it uploads:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNO9B_1NFoA]Short ride on my Honda GROM - YouTube[/ame]

·
Registered
995 Posts
It seems like this video feed isn't as smooth as video that comes from a gopro. i've seen many video's like this from GoPro's and they all seem to be much smoother. Seeing how GoPro has a good rep, i'd just spend the extra and get one.

·
Registered
998 Posts
not bad.... but I justify the $400 I spent on the GoPro Hero3 Black. They are durable-versatile little guys with amazing quality.
you can get the Hero 3 Black for around $330-$320 all day if he has them in stock here Bombay Motorsports. He is one of the few that can get Yosh cans for your Grom and he carries all kinds of MC gear, parts that is reasonable priced. Talk to Pra "Bombay and tell him CiscoSanJose recommended him to see if you can get your parts, he carries Suzuki, Kawi, Honda, Yamaha, etc parts.

I do not get a cut price or any extra service for recommending people to him it is just he is a fair guy with good prices and quick delivery

Bombay Motorsports Inc. Reseda, CA (818) 342-8585

·
Registered
3 Posts
I always say you get what you pay for. Most of the Pilots and Flight Engineers I work with all have GoPros and a few with Contours. THe are extremely durable and hard to justify using something else. Its hard to get that once in a lifetime shot back! Also I just picked up a HeroHD Black Edition for $269 on sale at our exchange on base and Ive been seeing them for about $329 at other places.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm am an FE lol.

Why do people post they would rather buy a go pro on a thread showing an alternative product?

JUST GO BUY ONE AND DONT TELL US ABOUT IT.

·
Premium Member
1,004 Posts
i scored a contourhd for like $80 on ebay

1 - 10 of 10 Posts