Honda Grom Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Go Pro should be cheaper here pretty soon, since they been on the market for a bit. (Mountain bikers Foundations in Dallas get them for trail maintence. Very nice.)

·
Registered
21 Posts
I bought on a suction-cup camera mount, which securely attaches to most gas tanks. Then I just use one of my Point & Shoot cameras to record HD video. The whole setup work pretty good.

·
Registered
21 Posts
That doesn't look like its much different than a contour camera, which just went out of business about a month ago because their sales just couldn't match GoPro. Yea the GPS thing is kinda cool but you're paying for a feature that not everyone needs. In my option, I hated the design of the gopro originally but once you strap it to your chest or your head without a helmet you'll appreciate the small cube design a lot better than the oval/ tube design of the new Garmin or how the Contour cam was. I don't think anyone will be able to catch up with GoPro at this point as far as marketing and product quality.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Hasn't been proven yet, plus you have to buy the underwater kit if you want to go deeper than 3 ft.

I do like the 3 hours video recording time

Just have to wait and see, just like the contour and all the other action cameras that have come and gone.

·
Registered
53 Posts
dont tell my two sons about this thing. sounds great for mountain bike riding. The gps feature should let you upload rides onto strava and other training soft ware. for the bikes it should let you share your ride routes with anybody.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
GoPro still has all the accessory and aftermarket support that will keep them up and raining for a long time to come.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Looks interesting, I like that you can control it with just downloading an app. I think I will just wait for the gopros to flood craigslist ;)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Contour is my main camera I have had nothing but trouble from gopro. Contour is gone so drift or garmin it is.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Contour is my main camera I have had nothing but trouble from gopro. Contour is gone so drift or garmin it is.
You need to update the firmware and you need to contact gopro so they can hopefully figure out what kind of issues you are having.

Possible battery problem, possible memory card problem, possible setup problem and such.

·
Premium Member
703 Posts
So how is this camera better than Go Pro?

The only thing I can see is a screen with a compass. I still think Go pro will be the weapon of choice in a long run. there is so much support for it even other companies are making accessories for it.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Looks interesting. I see a lot of reality shows using a camera that fits on straps in the middle of your chest. What camera is that?

·
Registered
11 Posts
As others have said (and I am paraphrasing here), this looks like a cross between the Contour Roam, Drift HD, and one of Garmin's handheld GPS units. I still think the GoPro Hero 3 HD (especially the Black Edition; but might be a good match for the White Edition in image quality) will best it in just image quality alone, but this one should be "competitive" with the Drift HD/Ghost. The price is kind of a downer, it is priced right in line with other Action Camera offerings.

Looks interesting. I see a lot of reality shows using a camera that fits on straps in the middle of your chest. What camera is that?
That is usually a GoPro with this harness:
Chest Mount Camera Harness - Shoot POV Video with the GoPro HERO

·
Registered
40 Posts
I have a go pro and its been sitting since my last Tough Mudder.. I think i'll dig it back out of the drawer now that i have me Grom!

·
Registered
149 Posts
I am going to miss Contour. Their cameras were kickass. Of course, I miss FlipCam too, but that's another story entirely.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts