Honda Grom Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Omfg night and day over stock. Dive is gone, corner stability is great, actually turning like it should now!
Install was pretty easy just needed the right tools. took about 3 hours. would have been a bit faster if 1) i didnt' have a triple tree stand failure (bike didn't fall, but i had to swap stands) 2) i used a torch instead of a heatgun and 3) i had the right tools the first time (takes a lot longer to start and stop than to keep rolling)

Thank you hardarcing!!!!

·
Premium Member
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it should be the very first thing on the list IMO

if anyone has any questions on the install, feel free to ask

·
Premium Member
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the rear is actually bearable. it's not great, but it isn't anywhere near as bad as the front

·
Registered
2 Posts
Quick question, I ordered the front Ohlin's without the tool rental, now it will take 4 weeks to get the tools from Hardracing. Would you rent the tools to me.

·
Premium Member
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh, and i can get my knee down now without worrying the stock pogo sticks are going to dump me :)

Sent from a submarine using an enigma machine

·
Premium Member
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quick question, I ordered the front Ohlin's without the tool rental, now it will take 4 weeks to get the tools from Hardracing. Would you rent the tools to me.

Sure! Pm me or email my username at gmail

Sent from a submarine using an enigma machine

·
Registered
24 Posts
Speaking of pogo'ing, did it feel like the front wheel was bouncing while going down a straight, fairly smooth road as well? I've been feeling that, but wasn't sure if it was my imagination or possibly an out of balance wheel. If you did experience pogo'ing before has it since been cured by the Ohlins upgrade?

Thanks for any info.

·
Premium Member
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Speaking of pogo'ing, did it feel like the front wheel was bouncing while going down a straight, fairly smooth road as well? I've been feeling that, but wasn't sure if it was my imagination or possibly an out of balance wheel. If you did experience pogo'ing before has it since been cured by the Ohlins upgrade?

Thanks for any info.
YES! i'm not sure what the hell that was. an out of round tire, or a suspension that doesn't handle small dips, a bearing going bad, or a warped rotor maybe. i balanced the wheel, checked runout (straight) and swapped tires, and it was still there. it did get much better with the ohlins, though sometimes i can feel that still.

·
Registered
24 Posts
YES! i'm not sure what the hell that was. an out of round tire, or a suspension that doesn't handle small dips, a bearing going bad, or a warped rotor maybe. i balanced the wheel, checked runout (straight) and swapped tires, and it was still there. it did get much better with the ohlins, though sometimes i can feel that still.
Thanks for the update. I haven't done any checks on the wheel, etc as I figured it might just be the poorly suspended front end, esp with my larger framed self on it. haha Good to hear the Ohlins took some/most of it away.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts