Honda Grom Forums banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yay! Going to install a set on my Grom this afternoon, I will probably do an installation how-to video. Wonder if a normal sized Pitbull stand will work or Ill need them to custom make mini stands? :D

Anyone else install these yet?

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
looking forward to the photos and videos :D

·
Registered
998 Posts
I like these MC stands, I have pitbull spool stands but these stand is the tits
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zqo0kvlL06k]Black Widow Motorcycle Stand Lift - YouTube[/ame]

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have been looking for them here in the states and cant find them. Definitely post some picks I am interested in those as well. I hope price drops a bit I thought they were pricey.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just installed these - there really isnt a need for a video haha.

Remove the 10mm adjuster nut followed by the 12mm locknut on each side, and then you will be able to remove the stock backing plate.

Measure 5mm back from the end of the swingarm and then find center (.49" from each side) and use an auto punch to start a hole. From there, drill your 3/16" hole for the securing screw.

Once that is done, simply slide on the new Yoshimura backing plate, reattach your 10mm and 12mm nuts, and then the 3mm allen screw through the new hole you drilled to lock the back plate into place. Done!

·
Registered
254 Posts
I have a pitbull stand front and rear. The rear stand works with the regular swingarm pads. The front head stand works with the Standard sized pitbull pin. The only downside is that you have to unbolt the headlight otherwise the stand pushes on it and you'll break it. No worries though, it took my 1 minute to remove those 4 bolts and the two plugs.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Nice and trick. Now can Yoshimura make these for other bikes that don't have factory spools please... Like BIG bikes that really need them ;)

·
Registered
998 Posts

Remove the 10mm adjuster nut followed by the 12mm locknut on each side, and then you will be able to remove the stock backing plate.

Measure 5mm back from the end of the swingarm and then find center (.49" from each side) and use an auto punch to start a hole. From there, drill your 3/16" hole for the securing screw.

Once that is done, simply slide on the new Yoshimura backing plate, reattach your 10mm and 12mm nuts, and then the 3mm allen screw through the new hole you drilled to lock the back plate into place. Done!

Very Cool, thanks for posting those pic, Ride safe

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Since no one from this site will contact me regarding vendor status even though Ive PMed, emailed and even made a post in the forum info area, I still cant get through to anyone. When Im contacted with vendor info I will, but for now Ill be posting things for sale.

These can be purchased through my shop, SikMoto for $89.95, retail $99.95.

Amazon: [ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00F24TQPY"]Amazon.com: Yoshimura Stand Stopper Kit for Honda Grom Motorcycle - "Spools": Everything Else[/ame]

eBay: Yoshimura Stand Stopper Kit for 2014 Honda Grom MSX125 in Stock Spool Kit | eBay

You can also PM me and pay directly if youd like.

They are in stock for immediate shipment. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,004 Posts
i just use the HF paddle stand for the minis. they're not heavy enough to have issues IMO.

·
Registered
2,069 Posts

Awesome!!!

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Sent a few sets out to GromForum members today, expect more pics soon :) Still have a bunch in stock if anyone is looking. eBay/Amazon links above, or you can PM directly.

·
Registered
14 Posts

and then the 3mm allen screw through the new hole you drilled to lock the back plate into place.
Any pics of this detail?

1 - 20 of 39 Posts