Honda Grom Forums banner

Greetings from sunny Southern California!

2K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  SoCalHeadGrinder 
#1 ·
Hi!

I am Shane W from southern California. I grew up ridding then racing motorcycles. From mini's to full size dirt and road race bikes. Some of the funnest times I've had were back in the Yamaha YSR50 days. Mini's will always have a soft spot in my heart and that is why I was soo stoked when Honda brought the Grom here to the states. The bikes in my garage currently include a Kawasaki AR50, Honda Z50, Honda SL70, 75Hp Honda Hawk NT650 and a XR250 that I am converting to dirt track. I have been doing head work for over 15 years and have my have my own cylinder head business. Hope I have some knowledge I can share and am very much looking forward to tinker with the Grom!

Shane

#3 ·
Thanks for the welcome GromGuy!

Unfortunately my budget is real tight these days so the wife would shoot down any discussion of buying brand new bike pretty quick. I have two friends that have bought one (well one has a deposit down on one at least) and for now I will help them hot rod theirs. One guy will be going big bore all out. Right now we are trying to figure out what to do with the front forks to make them better. Hopefully Brian S will have his 170cc big bore kit dialed in by the time we are ready to do his motor. My other buddy will most likely just do bolt ons and tuning.

Shane

#5 ·
welcome!!

I too came from having many YSR's in the early 90's about 3 months ago I stumbled across a mint condition ysr and it brought back memories .. but it wasn't for sale so I ended up buying a basket case ysr and I am working on that but from there I bought a ruckus that I didn't even drive a mile and now I hope to have my Grom in the next week ... they are hard to come by in California so I am traveling 700 miles to get it at a dealer that has a couple

hope to see you on the streets and maybe we can do some rides ..

btw I live in Anaheim and I am always in the san Gabriel valley

#8 ·
Thanks again for the warm welcome! Here is a video from my mini racing days. I am on any of the bikes with the number 55. Please forgive the music because I had to put something over all the wind noise and bikes that sounded like swarm of angry bees. It was early 2000 and was the type of music we were listening to at the time.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDzp27M0q5o"]Motorcycle Racing - YSR and 17" Wheel bikes - YouTube[/ame]

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.