Honda Grom Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Basement Orlando will be hosting a scooter night for Groms and Ruckus' on Tuesday, November 5th. They're going to have a few drinks specials for us, a kitchen serving awesome Chicago and Philly style food, plus a live DJ! It's a good chill spot to get together with everyone and is centrally located in the city so if you live in or around Orlando come out to Basement on November 5th! Get together starts at 9pm! Spread the word and I hope to see you guys there! There's some motorcycle parking next to the bar and they reserved the car parking spaces for us in front of the bar for this event. They're hoping to hold this event the first Tuesday of every month and it'd be a good way to get everyone together in the orlando area!

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
im going to try and make it out to this if i can get woodlow to ride out with me. think i might bring the groms out in the truck though as riding up 50 at night blows with all the bugs.
I told him you guys can park at my house and we'll ride over there of you want, it's only like 5-7 miles from where I live.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Yea, it might be a good possibility. I'm moving into a new house this weekend, so depends on how much I can leave the Grom in the garage and get work done around the house first.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I will have to swing out there in my mustang to check them out. I used to have a 150cc swapped Ruckus but sold it. Now I have been seeing these and want to pick one up. I just want to get a closer look and see if it will get up to speed with me on it. I'm hopping someone out there is my build and can tell me I will be ok to ride it to work on 415. It's the most deadly road in Volusia County and the speed limit is 55mph. I just need to be able to go 55 without getting killed and not blowing up the grom..

·
Registered
995 Posts
I will have to swing out there in my mustang to check them out. I used to have a 150cc swapped Ruckus but sold it. Now I have been seeing these and want to pick one up. I just want to get a closer look and see if it will get up to speed with me on it. I'm hopping someone out there is my build and can tell me I will be ok to ride it to work on 415. It's the most deadly road in Volusia County and the speed limit is 55mph. I just need to be able to go 55 without getting killed and not blowing up the grom..
How much do you weigh? Most of the members here have been happy with how the Grom accelerates. Some even say it's decent on the highway.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm 6ft 218lbs. I'm trying to get down to about 205lbs. I would go under 200lbs but I go to the gym and think I would look funny under 200lbs. I haven't been the small in over 15yrs.

·
Premium Member
524 Posts
I'm 6ft 218lbs. I'm trying to get down to about 205lbs. I would go under 200lbs but I go to the gym and think I would look funny under 200lbs. I haven't been the small in over 15yrs.
Bro you're way gooood.... I'm 250-260 and cruise all day on mine. If anything your tall ass might have to tuck a bit till you hit traffic. In traffic you can draft and you should have no problem doing at least 60.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 14 of 14 Posts