Honda Grom Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
I think you are on the right track, with the right mods that is. Here in Cali you can't LEGALLY ride on any maintained dirt roads unless it is a street licensed vehicle like dual sports, jeeps etc. so I have full intentions of making this an all purpose bike. Gun/fishing racks on a Grom!?

·
Registered
998 Posts
I own a Truck camper and have been looking for the perfect bike to take along with me. I believe the Grom would be an excellent choice. I could also carry it on a front rack.
yep this is going to be my all around carry MC when I go camping in the Calif hills or cruzing the beach from San Francisco to San Diego.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Sounds like a decent Idea - you should confirm that the Grom, with you in full gear, can handle the extra weight of whatever you might want to load it with while camping; that may be your deciding factor.

·
Registered
187 Posts
For camping duty only, I would go with a Yamaha TW200. Nice stable powerful bike, can haul a lot of stuff. Really fun off road. Made for many years, easy to get parts. Only downfall, not a lot of Aftermarket parts available, as the are not a mainstream bike.

·
Registered
10 Posts
IMO those Kendas will be more than enough grip for camp roads. You're not going to want to do any "real" offroading with a Grom... the suspension will leave you wanting and the ground clearance is probably not ideal either.

·
Registered
10 Posts
A bike like this would be perfect for a carry-on bike. Nice and small and easy to maneuver makes it easy to get off and on the ramp.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I own a Truck camper and have been looking for the perfect bike to take along with me. I believe the Grom would be an excellent choice. I could also carry it on a front rack.
"Carry Bike" I like the sound of that :0

Something to use while camping is half the reason I'm buying one (two actualy:)

·
Registered
49 Posts
I'm going camping this weekend. I was hoping I would have the Grom for this trip. Oh well, supposed to be shipping pout today and here next week. Yay!

·
Registered
11 Posts
I think you are on the right track, with the right mods that is. Here in Cali you can't LEGALLY ride on any maintained dirt roads unless it is a street licensed vehicle like dual sports, jeeps etc. so I have full intentions of making this an all purpose bike. Gun/fishing racks on a Grom!?
Thumbs up to this thumbs down on california nonsense. Stupid non-op reg fees.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Thumbs up to this thumbs down on california nonsense. Stupid non-op reg fees.
Yup. The only good thing about living in Ca. is that you are 2 hrs or less from everything e.g. ocean, mountains, snow parks, tons of lakes, and big cities (if thats your thing). Other than that the laws and regs suck ass, but sure as hell they are slowly widdeling away those things we can do here. If one person can't be happy, nobody should be happy is their moto I guess. Sorry to vent.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Does anyone know what kind of luggage fits the Grom? I was hoping to get a tail bag that I could switch between it and a CBR250. Something like this is what I was hoping would work,

1 - 20 of 26 Posts