Honda Grom Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

· Registered
134 Posts
I think you are on the right track, with the right mods that is. Here in Cali you can't LEGALLY ride on any maintained dirt roads unless it is a street licensed vehicle like dual sports, jeeps etc. so I have full intentions of making this an all purpose bike. Gun/fishing racks on a Grom!?

· Registered
187 Posts
For camping duty only, I would go with a Yamaha TW200. Nice stable powerful bike, can haul a lot of stuff. Really fun off road. Made for many years, easy to get parts. Only downfall, not a lot of Aftermarket parts available, as the are not a mainstream bike.

· Registered
11 Posts
I think you are on the right track, with the right mods that is. Here in Cali you can't LEGALLY ride on any maintained dirt roads unless it is a street licensed vehicle like dual sports, jeeps etc. so I have full intentions of making this an all purpose bike. Gun/fishing racks on a Grom!?
Thumbs up to this thumbs down on california nonsense. Stupid non-op reg fees.

· Registered
134 Posts
Thumbs up to this thumbs down on california nonsense. Stupid non-op reg fees.
Yup. The only good thing about living in Ca. is that you are 2 hrs or less from everything e.g. ocean, mountains, snow parks, tons of lakes, and big cities (if thats your thing). Other than that the laws and regs suck ass, but sure as hell they are slowly widdeling away those things we can do here. If one person can't be happy, nobody should be happy is their moto I guess. Sorry to vent.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.