Honda Grom Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found a carbon windscreen for the grom over the weekend on google. Just want to see what your thought is on this windscreen and if you would get it or not and why?

Reactions: GodSon

·
Registered
140 Posts
Not a bad looking piece to add on to the Grom. I can see some guys that are carbon fiber fanatics go for it. Probably best to add this windscreen to an all out carbon fiber Grom.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Nice find Bama! I would get a carbon windscreen but only if the weave was 2x2 this one that is shown on the grom is a 1x1 carbon weave. I have a feeling the next one will be a kevlar weave.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Is it me or is the weave kind of slanted and not straight?

Not too big of a fan for carbon I would just go with a smoked or even a clear windscreen.

But i do have one interest, those mirrors look nice and functional. I wouldn't mind picking up a set of those ;)

·
Premium Member
703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Is it me or is the weave kind of slanted and not straight?

Not too big of a fan for carbon I would just go with a smoked or even a clear windscreen.

But i do have one interest, those mirrors look nice and functional. I wouldn't mind picking up a set of those ;)
Yeah now that you mention it the weave is slanted. I think this might be the first one so they will probably fix this before the next batch... hopefully.

Good eye for the mirrors I didn't even notice them lol

·
Premium Member
703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
213 Posts
I hate that all the carbon Ive seen so far has the brand or sellers sticker on it :( Wondering if they are all over or under the clear coat.

·
Registered
259 Posts
I like some of the windscreens out there but im not into carbon, so for me personaly its a nay, but everyone has diff tastes!

·
Registered
327 Posts
I like the shape, but I'm not a carbon guy. If you dig it, grab it up.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
I'd have to see it in person first. Or at least a photo from farther away of the GROM.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Not a bad attempt to satisfy the carbon guys but I think that windscreen should stay transparent. It just looks odd as a solid piece.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
I'm sure someone here is going to try to convert the entire GROM plastics to carbon. This is just another piece to the puzzle.

·
Registered
259 Posts
I'm sure someone here is going to try to convert the entire GROM plastics to carbon. This is just another piece to the puzzle.
i spotted one already on msxthai forum, ill try and find the picture again

Found it!

not real carbon and still parts that can be 'carbonised'? but it gives you an idea

1 - 19 of 19 Posts