Honda Grom Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you plan to park your Grom in a garage or outside in the road? If outside....do you plan to use a cover...and if yes..what brand and size? It would be great if companies like Honda make custom designed "Grom" covers.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I had the same question. Living in an apartment, so garage is not an option.
I was wondering if the cover would act as a sail if the wind picks up and would knock the bike over. It is pretty light after all.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I'm gonna buy a shed for my Grom. I don't want it in the rain or snow. I imagine I'll have to do some other maintenance for the cold like draining the gas out and a battery tender.

·
Registered
998 Posts
I had the same question. Living in an apartment, so garage is not an option.
I was wondering if the cover would act as a sail if the wind picks up and would knock the bike over. It is pretty light after all.
When I lived in a apartment in Sunnyvale Calif and I was on the first floor I use to bring my 87-YSR-50 into my apartment and it fit through my doors perfect.

leaving it outside is a invite for Mr don't wanna pay for my GROM so I will borrow/steal one from our local apartment complex.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I live on the second floor, so bringing it up/down everyday would be impractical. I was thinking about using:
1. cover for weather protection + 1 more step for a thief to take it off.
2. one of those disc locks with the alarm built in.

I'm considering a gorilla system too, anyone have any opinions or suggestions?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Good thing about a cover is "out of sight, out of mind"
Cool thing about BBQ cover, other than being less expensive, is bad people will think it's a BBQ and not a MC

·
Registered
154 Posts
I'm gonna buy a shed for my Grom. I don't want it in the rain or snow. I imagine I'll have to do some other maintenance for the cold like draining the gas out and a battery tender.
Don't drain the gas!!!! Unlined tank it will rust. Get a good fuel stabilizer or ride it every few weeks and top it off with some fresh fuel.

·
Premium Member
1,004 Posts
I garage mine, and use an old fitted sheet to keep the dust off (if it's going to be stashed for a while)

·
Premium Member
1,004 Posts
Cool thing about BBQ cover, other than being less expensive, is bad people will think it's a BBQ and not a MC
i'm not quite sure what kind of derp can make that mistake..

·
Registered
114 Posts
the 65" universal BBQ cover from home depot ($9.95) fits perfect (stock bars/mirrors/tidy tail)

It is vinyl, so not heat/melt proof, so make sure your bike is cooled before use

·
Registered
995 Posts
the 65" universal BBQ cover from home depot ($9.95) fits perfect (stock bars/mirrors/tidy tail)

It is vinyl, so not heat/melt proof, so make sure your bike is cooled before use
Yeah good tip, it would suck to have that fabric melt and stick to the metal parts. it'll be impossible to get off.

what would be a good amount of time to let it sit before covering?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Don't drain the gas!!!! Unlined tank it will rust. Get a good fuel stabilizer or ride it every few weeks and top it off with some fresh fuel.
Thanks for that tip. I remember reading that higher octane gas degrades after a while. So I figure, before I stash the bike away for the winter, i'll put in 93. I think some stations offer 94.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Do you plan to park your Grom in a garage or outside in the road? If outside....do you plan to use a cover...and if yes..what brand and size? It would be great if companies like Honda make custom designed "Grom" covers.
I won't be needing one for mine since itll be kept inside the garage. But you can measure it up and search for something on ebay with similar dimensions.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a cover for my Grom but just put a Top case on it and now it doesn't fit properly. Does anyone have any suggestions for a cover a bit larger so it fits with the top case.? Needs to have heat shield.
Thanks

1 - 20 of 21 Posts