Honda Grom Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A guy I work with decided to do some wheelies on my grom and it didn't turn out so hot.

Car Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle Automotive lighting Motor vehicle

Along with some bent bars, scuffed seat and a few other little things. I guess if anyone was going to crash it he would be one of the few I'm ok with as I know he will replace it.

Anyone have another set of plastics laying around???

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
1,004 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Agreed, nobody rides my bike but me. I would loose too many friends if they crashed my bike.
I did have a friend totally flip my brand new ATV upside down. Luckily it was an easy fix and cheap (they paid) But I wasn't happy at all.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Premium Member
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
never ever EVER let someone else wheelie your Grom!!!! (unless they are a badass stunta)

sorry bro, make him pay for it
The guy can actually ride out pretty good and will ride wheelies all day on his drzsm.... Bummed but he's paying for it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I had a friend drop mine too.. Inexperienced rider he thought it was in neutral , reved it up and dumped the clutch. Luckily (if you call this lucky) I had already dropped it by that point and he didn't cause any new damage.. At this point mines been dropped 12 or 13 times so I don't even flinch anymore

·
Premium Member
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I had a friend drop mine too.. Inexperienced rider he thought it was in neutral , reved it up and dumped the clutch. Luckily (if you call this lucky) I had already dropped it by that point and he didn't cause any new damage.. At this point mines been dropped 12 or 13 times so I don't even flinch anymore

Surprisingly mines been down a few times, flipped, off a cliff and ran off the road going about 20 and the 5mph wheelie to death flop has done the most damage.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Surprisingly mines been down a few times, flipped, off a cliff and ran off the road going about 20 and the 5mph wheelie to death flop has done the most damage.

Yeah , these things crash extremely well, so far the only things I've done damage wise are some scratching to the fairings , bent clutch lever , bent shifter, and I've snapped off the left foot peg and the footpeg bracket

·
Premium Member
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
man you are just cursed when it comes to this.

well at least its getting fixed.

excuse to get new aftermarket bars?

·
Premium Member
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
man you are just cursed when it comes to this.

well at least its getting fixed.

excuse to get new aftermarket bars?

I had actually just got new renthal mini knee highs that weren't even a week old =[ they will now be hung on the in the man cave and new set was just ordered.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts