Honda Grom Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought my Grom, have been waiting for Honda to come with a 1970 CT70H replacement for many years.

The Grom is on steroids in comparison, the overall technology, power, and features make a serious package.

The only issue I am struggling with is the ergonomic fit.

At 5'9", I feel jammed between the seat height and the brake / gearshift controls.

I have tried sitting further back in the seat which places the foot controls in a better posture but then I am leaning forward to reach the handlebars.

Am I the only one who has this issue?

Are there any aftermarket parts which help an adult fit?

Thanks,
Andre

·
Registered
186 Posts
Of what I've heard around here a lot of the users are "adult size" which is 5+ more inches in height than you. I'm sure you'll get a lot of input. I myself am 6'2" and do not feel crammed.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I'm 6ft, 280 lbs and I don't feel cramped at all.
I fact I find the seat to brake and gear Leaver distance is better on the grom
Than my Honda 700 Transalp.

JMO Dog

·
Premium Member
1,004 Posts
rearsets, and *lower more forward* handlebars should make it better

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Rear sets that would interesting.....saw some nice online. The last time I experienced those was at Sears Point in 79.

I now have 32 miles on my Grom and I find I was sitting too far back, if I sit in the yoke of the seat the controls are much more comfortable.

It could use a little gel up front like I have for my kayak, but riding experience is far better.

Down the road when seat manufacturers kick in on the grom there maybe some nice options to consider.

At 56, I find myself taking every excuse too ride it with a $/&/ eating grin on my face.

I failed to mention my last bike was a Harley FXST Softtail optioned out, it was like riding a lazy boy chair but I sold it this summer because it no longer fit my needs.

This grom fits my needs now, have had many folks ask me what it is at stores....I told them whatever it is it's a keeper!

Appreciated the inputs.......enjoy the freedom of riding!

Andre

·
Registered
6 Posts
I got comfy by putting the balls of my feet on the pegs which moves my knees down so they can hug the gas tank. I also installed lower bars which effectively add reach (since your arms will then angle down with the same torso position).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts