Honda Grom Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Theres been rumors going around that there is a technical service bulletin out for grom doft forks. It is just that a rumor . I had a friend run my vin at village motorsports and there is no tsb or recalls for groms yet

·
Premium Member
524 Posts
I heard something about it over across seas. I just had one of our techs call in a few days ago about being able to Warrenty some work on the forks with a thicker oil and it was a no go. If any recalls where out in the states I'm sure he would have been informed.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
995 Posts
I guess the best thing to do at this point is to let our tech buddies keep us posted on when a TSB gets released, best to get this 'issue' taken care of sooner.

·
Registered
134 Posts
my forks have gone to total shit @ 3-400 miles,

i bottom out everyday at the bottom of my driveway going 5-10mph, now i hafta get off the seat and lean way back just to leave my driveway.... fukn lame

and that is a fukn nicely paved driveway with a small 1 inch curb for the gutter water.... wtf honda

·
Registered
218 Posts

i bottom out everyday at the bottom of my driveway going 5-10mph, now i hafta get off the seat and lean way back just to leave my driveway.... fukn lame

and that is a fukn nicely paved driveway with a small 1 inch curb for the gutter water.... wtf honda

Really? That dosnt seem right, im 215lbs or so and I rarely bottom out

·
Registered
67 Posts

Sounds like you have a blown shock.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I'm 240 and have no bottoming out issues. I did just install the fork pre-load tensioners. Haven't had a chance to test them out yet.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Weird i guess this means honda had an unconistancy in there manufacturing process i guess. Mine were bottoming out when braking hard

·
Registered
336 Posts
Mine has bottomed quite easily before. I've been waiting for a good solution for stiffening them up. Now if only my transmission would work like it's supposed to...

·
Registered
288 Posts
When I changed my fork oil I had to install the cap and cycle them to get the air out. They were filled to the top with only half of the oil in them and cycling them with the cap off did nothing. It is very easy to think these forks are full when they are only half full.

Mine have not bottomed and I am 200lbs I did put 20wt in but really I just was changing the front tire and had the oil so I swapped it out. I measured what I took out and put the same amount back in.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I haven't seen anything yet either. DSM was just in Thursday, didn't mention anything, and he's usually on top of things. Plus with me owning a Grom, i'm sure he would have said something for sure. Will keep my eyes peeled.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I've talked to my Honda rep and told him about the forks being to soft and the transmission being kind of iffy?(I've had my bike pop out of 2nd gear a few times while under power).

Honestly the best thing you can do is call the dealership or american Honda and make a complaint.

If they have enough of the same complaint they might issue a recall

Or atleast fix the problem on next years model

1 - 16 of 16 Posts