Honda Grom Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Anything over 80 mpg combined would be excellent. 50 in town sounds low though. My fuel mileage on my previous 50cc, 125, and 150 scooter were all better than 50 mpg although that is combined mostly city stop and go but some top speed riding too. The Sportcity 125 got a combined 75 mpg which included city and some top speed riding. The Sportcity 50 was almost identical. Same with my Vino 125..75 mpg. Sometimes these mpg figures are for imperial gallons though. 130 mpg sounds too high for the US. You won't ever get that. I think you can expect at least 75 mpg combined riding and maybe even 80..just over 100 miles per tank full perhaps even 120 miles, if you don't mind riding a ways with the low-fuel light on.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I would be more than happy with that!
I wouldn't be happy with 50mpg city. Though being that I live in Maine, "city" is a lot different here than elsewhere. Even in the "city" here you are still normally averaging 35-40mph with very little stop and go.

I would imagine somewhere in the ball park of 75mpg "city" at slow speeds without much stop and go (25-40mph) and probably 110-120mpg or so between 50 and 60mph.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I would expect more; my CTX 700N is suppossed to get an average of 62 or 64....and that has over 500cc more but has 2 cylinders instead of one....??? Plus, as you know "Your mileage may vary ba......."

·
Registered
336 Posts
My RC51 has gotten me over 40mpg, though I was really behaving and staying off the throttle. I would not be surprised if the Grom actually did get +/- 100mpg. That being said, if I discover that mine doesn't do any better than 80mpg, I still won't complain :)

·
Registered
128 Posts
130 mpg must be imperial gallons, not US. Look up Fuelly for motorcycles. The Honda elite gets 88 mpg av. The Wave is about the same, and the PCX125 which shuts down at traffic lights reports 91 mpg as the most common av. mileage. 130 mpg is not realistic.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I would expect more; my CTX 700N is suppossed to get an average of 62 or 64....and that has over 500cc more but has 2 cylinders instead of one....??? Plus, as you know "Your mileage may vary ba......."
I'm getting 75+ mpg on my CTX700N, so I get less than 90mpg on my Grom, I'll be disappointed.

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
130 mpg must be imperial gallons, not US. Look up Fuelly for motorcycles. The Honda elite gets 88 mpg av. The Wave is about the same, and the PCX125 which shuts down at traffic lights reports 91 mpg as the most common av. mileage. 130 mpg is not realistic.
It could be, you never know. With an older carb'd 80 we ran for something like 4 hours without using a full gallon of gas lapping on a track. I doubt we did that distance but we rode the snot out of them.

·
Registered
128 Posts
You get some of these ranges due to the fact most people eyeball when the tank is full, which would be fine if you kept a running total of several fill ups over several hundred miles, or even if you averaged your averages from each of several fill ups, but just one fill up could be way off your actual mileage and you can pretty much disregard those extremely good and extremely poor results for this and other reasons...poor math, poor records, engine not performing well, lying out of their teeth, or just guessing at mileage. Looks like 80 mpg will be achievable though.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.